Chapter 7: Battle of the Sexes

Chapter 7: Battle of the sexes

They are staying at the houseboats at the cove. Those are really secluded. Good choice boys. I bet it's really hard to hide the tourneys though. Annie and I change and make sure that we look absolutely fantastic. My normal bright red hair frizzy mess hair has been tamed into gentle curls and pulled back into a poof thanks to Annie. Annie straightened her short blond bob then put some mouse for some waves. I don't usually try to look good for boys. I look good for myself and boost my low self confidence. This was different. Rachel comes out of her room with a mini skirt, heels, and as much makeup as her face can stand. "Hey we aren't taking you unless you change into something half decent, take off some makeup, and show some dignity.

Half an hour later she steals one of my flowing summer dresses to look like such a sweet child. Good for her. We drive over to the cove to find their rental boathouse. They said it was the fifth one don dock D. Dock D is the farthest out into the water and has the smallest houses. Five boys in a small house that ought to be fun. The three of us knock on the bright blue door. No one answers. I then the handle. It's open. Annie shrugs and nudges me to open the door. We quietly step in and are ambushed as four British and one Irish boy yell

"Hello!!" and rush over to the door. Liam stands next to me and introduces me as "his new local friend Sophie" whereas Harry introduces Annie as "his girl Annie". That shocked me. But Annie and I will always be different.

Everyone says that we are so similar but I know that we are complete opposites. I just need to accept that. Liam introduces Zayn who retorts to a loud "Vas Happening?!" to make me giggle. Louis introduces himself as Lou. Niall stands off to the side quietly but smiles charmingly. "I'm Niall! It's nice to meet such a lovely lady, Sophie." He looks deeply into my eyes and I giggle. Liam glares at him and Niall turns away. Liam turn towards us again.

"I forgot! Hey Rachel right? Louis has a younger brother he's your age. JAKE!!" A teenage boy with brown hair and a fringe to the left comes jumping down the stairs. "What's up?" He speaks in an adorable British accent to where up sounds like oop. He looks like a younger version of Liam except with brown hair and Louis's eyes. He runs up to greet us."Hiya girls I'm Jake! Louis' little brother. He brought me on your this time! I'm 15.."

He notices Rachel standing to my side and smiles slightly. She attempts to speak but chokes up. " Hey I'm Sophie. She's Annie. And this is my little sister Rachel. She's 15 just like you!" Rachel smiles awkwardly and blushes. Whatever happened to the Rachel that never shuts up? Jake stretches out his hand to shake Rachel's turning her even more red. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rachel. It's a pleasure to meet you all." How chivalrous... Harry runs and jumps to the couch. "Sooo what are we going to do today?" Zayn jumps into the conversation to say that they have a rental boat. Louis yells,"IT'S MY BOAT! OFF TO THE SEA WE GO!! Err... Lake"