Chapter 12: Believe me?

I can't believe how one single moment could change everything. One single turn of events can ruin your entire life. Sounds all too familiar in my life. Death is only one way to wreck someone else's life. Truth can be a burden when it's hidden. I got home last night and tried so hard to stop crying but I couldn't do it. I always put on this false pretense of being strong but I'm really not. Rachel came into my room around 2 am saying that she just got home. Apparently that party was a good night for her. Her and Jake really hit it off and they are texting non stop. Good for her,I guess.

As for me, I just woke up with bloodshot,puffy eyes. Maybe if I put visine in them they will clear up? Nope. Putting visine in them only makes them sting like a mother. I'll just turn on the news again.

"As we return from the break, we discover more details about one direction's stay in the Tahoe forest. They are confirmed to be staying in Zephyr Cove but we are unsure in which area. More details to come. In other news, Harry Styles just changed his relationship status to in a relationship with a mysterious Tahoe girl. He tweets: 'I just met this girl in Tahoe but I feel like she is perfect for me. I hope I can keep her as my girlfriend'. Also, Liam Payne tweeted: 'I feel so played. You think you know someone that you just met but forget the underlying meaning in that... You JUST met. Anything can happen'" Halfway through the story, I slam the controller on the couch and turn off the TV to find Rachel standing behind me. "Can we talk Soph?... About last night?" I really don't want to remember what happened but I need to flesh things out. "Sure Rach... Ask away and I'll talk."

She looks concerned into my eyes. "What did you do that made Liam so upset? He went into his room and he was throwing empty cans at the walls and mumbling angrily..." I just look at the wall trying to remember clearly. "Well I didn't do mean to do anything to him. Niall and Louis got really drunk and Niall tricked me into laying on the bed... He just pinned me down and was kissing me. I started making noises for help when Liam came in and took everything the wrong way. He wouldn't let me explain what happened." "Well.... Cant you just call him and explain? I'm sure he will understand." "I don't know if it's that easy Rach." I sigh in discomfort.

"Can't you just give it the old college try? I know that you like him. He likes you too. Just explain to him. He will have to believe you." She smiled graciously. Rachel always had the best advice. She may not be book smart but she is obviously wise beyond her years. I go up to my room to go get my phone and try to call Liam and explain. I call his contact and it goes straight to voicemail. "Hey it's Liam leave me a message if you want me to call you back. Love you all!" *BEEP* I start the voicemail nervously.

"Hey Liam, it's Sophie. I'm really sorry about last night. It wasn't me who started all of that. Niall was drunk and I wasn't strong enough. Please don't take it the wrong way. I really hope you can call me back and we can work this out. I really like *BEEP* The damn voicemail was too long. If he could call me back everything would be okay. I went through my day switching between looking at twitter to watching TV to starting on my summer reading.

Around 3pm, I went to go drop off Rachel with Annie do they could go out to the boathouse again. I figured I shouldn't go just because I didn't feel welcome there. Zayn texted me," Hey lovely we miss you! Niall is really sorry about what happened."

I didn't even give Zayn my number. I guess he has it now. I spent my whole day waiting for the call only to be silenced.