Chapter 18: The fountain

The coast is clear of obnoxious screaming girls. We may run into a couple of not crazy fans but that's beside the point.

We go to lunch at this local pizzeria in the mall and it's already three. Did we really spend an hour in that dressing room? It dosen't seem like it was that long at all. Don't "time flies when your having fun" me. That was one of the most awkward sessions I have ever endured.

I wish I knew what Liam and the others were saying about me. After eating we all sit and chat in the booth. Well we were still waiting for Niall and Zayn to give up their pizza eating contest but mostly we just chatted.

I was sitting between Rachel and Liam in the middle. I scooted a bit closer to Liam.

"Hey what did I miss in our game when I went on the lookout?" I can at least ask whether he did a truth or a dare. Please let it be a truth.

"Well Niall confessed that he isn't a virgin... Too much information right? And I went ..." He trailed off. "Did you choose truth or dare?" "Truth. You can't trust any of these boys with a dare they will screw you over."

Great. At least Liam picked a truth it's just a short answer. It would have been much worse if he did a date. The manager came out to our table.

"Are you done eating pizza you British boy band? We have gone through 10 pizzas and there are only eight of you!" Niall coughs and interjects,"British Irish band ma'am." She gave us our check for $50 and the boys paid for us with $20 gratuity. One of the perks of being famous is the money I can already see that as they all look like models straight out of Burberry and Calvin Klein.

Louis asks,"Any other good spots in this mall that we must see Soph?" "Well there is a movie theater, a really big water fountain, fire pits, ummm we have seen all the good stores."

"Let's go to the water fountain! We should take pictures with our lovely ladies!" Harry responds while grabbing Annie's hand under the table.

Only now do I realize that we have lost Rachel and Jake. They were here when we first came into the restaurant. How did they get past my radar? I call Rachel and she picks up to say that she and Jake went to the fire pits and that they will meet up with us at the fountain.

I can't lose Rachel when he is with a sibling of a member of one direction, that just spells out bad news.

We race each other to the fountain and of course Liam comes in first being the almost Olympic runner. I catch up and turn out second and pass out on the edge of the fountain. The water fountain is big enough as to where we are all sprawled out around the circle . I stand on the edge to walk around and balance. I pull Liam up and we try to balance on one leg.

"Take off your shoes Soph so if we fall you won't soak them." I do as told and we assume ninja flamingo poses. "This day has really been fun with you Sophie I'm really glad you came." "Aww I'm glad to be with all of you! Meeting everyone has brightened up my life."

We smile at each other distractedly. Louis sneaks up behind Liam and knocks his balance so he falls into the water. I stay in my pose to prove Liam that I am the winner as Louis scurries off to the other side giggling.

Without hesitation, Liam grabs my hand and pulls me into the water beside him. "Liam! I can't believe you I'm soaked!" "How come every time you are around me you find some way to get yourself completely soaked. I'm not liking you always sharing the love of the water!"

I giggle and sit down in the water with him in defeat. "Hey I'm still curious." I lean in to whisper to him. "What was your truth while I was gone?"

He looks away for a moment. "The guys were trying to embarrass me..." "And do what did they ask you?" He briefly laughs and looks at me and smiles softly. "They asked me when I was going to make a move on you."