Chapter 11: An unfortunate affair

Louis comes outside with two 6-pack beers after we finally reach the houseboat again and waves them in the air teasingly. "Anyone up for some fun?" I look at the beers in disgust. My family was torn about my this substance. I don't want anything to do with it. Niall and Louis jump at the beers poking the bottom so they can quickly chug them. I decide to place my feet in the water and enjoy the beautiful sunset. "Abstinence is key. Keep your sanity."

Liam sits next to me on the edge. "I don't drink either. It's legal for me to in England. I just choose not to..." I smile at him and poke his cheek. "What a good boy Liam!! Making smart decisions." He laughs and grins at my reaction. "Why are you so adverse to alcohol?" I look at the ground and mumble,"Just too many bad memories.... That's all. I want to be better than those people." Harry cannonballs into the water next to us, drenching my face.

"Hazz you idiot!" Liam is soaked from head to toe. Zayn just tosses a towel on his head so he could dry off. I giggle at Liam's resemblance to a fluffy puppy when his hair gets wet. He shakes the water off his wet beach curls and sighs. "I'm not pretty anymore Sophie!!!" He makes a puppy eyes at me. "I'll still like you even of you aren't pretty Liam." Zayn yells behind us,"Awwwwww aren't they just precious?" Annie and Harry swim in the water,splashing each other silly so that all of Annie's precise eye makeup drips down. Even through this, she doesn't have a care in the world. It's not that I'm jealous of Annie, I just wish I could learn a thing or two from her...unable to watch, I excuse myself and walk to go get a come out of the icebox. Niall and Louis are singing and dancing, obviously drunk.

Niall runs over to me. " Hey*hiccup* hey Soph I just remembered I have something really cool in my suitcase that you would really like! I need to *hiccup* show you!" He grabs my hand forcefully and drags me to his room. I wave at Liam and tell him that I'll be back back. "Just close your eyes and sit on the bed, it needs to be a surprise. Okay now lay down." This seems highly suspect but I do it anyway. "Okay.... On the bed now.... What is it?"

"Sophie your a really cool girl*hiccup*... I just want you to know that." I laugh, my eyes still closed laying on the bed. All of a sudden, Niall jumps on top of me. I open my eyes in shock. "Niall... What are you doing?!" "Something I've wanted to do since I first saw you.." He forcefully plants his lips on mine and begins to kiss me. I attempt to push him away and escape but he has me pinned down. I can feel him smiling through the kiss. Smiling in such satisfaction... and he smells like beer. It's absolutely revolting. I still can't get him off.. It's been like thirty seconds. I mumble and groan trying to get one of the other boys to save me. Liam slowly opens the door. His mouth drops at the scene. With a burst of adrenaline, I finally push Niall off and he looks over at Liam with a smug expression.

"It's not what it looks like Liam! He just came onto me-" Liam cuts me off. "Don't play coy, it's exactly what it looks like. You know, I thought you were different. I really liked you Sophie. I thought we had something. I was trying to take it slow but I see that your just not the type of girl to take things slow.."

He slams the door shut and walks away. Niall smiles with a toothy grin. "Well babe, what are we gonna do now?" He runs his finger up my arm. I punch him in the guy as hard as I can. "If you ever touch me again, I'll be sure to wreck your pretty boy face." I run out of the house in tears and walk the lonely mile home and text Annie to bring Rachel back .