Chapter 13: A confession

Another lonely summer day. I can't bring myself to go see the boys again. To think, I was absolutely obsessed with one direction and I would give anything to meet them. Now, they are just people. Those five boys are my friends. One of them is my BFF's boyfriend.

I go look at my twitter feed to see hundreds of girls making fun of Annie and saying that she isn't pretty enough to be Harry's girlfriend. I tried to show them that she is... But resistance was futile. I just go out of twitter. Life as a celebrity must be difficult. Huh, I never though of one direction as celebrities before... Just five famous blubbering idiots. I can call them gay all I want but I know that each of them have the best four friends that they could have ever dreamed of.

Liam hasn't called back. It's already quarter past four. I doubt he will ever call back. He might understand what happened and realize that it isn't my fault but just not want to forgive me so soon. I broke his heart. He had feelings for me. It's weird that in just a day and a half he had such strong feelings for me. Things with Liam just felt right...and I had to mess it up. I thought I was smarter than this. I'm never this gullible. Its my fault. I turn on the tv and watch toy story 1 and 2 only to remember that they are Liam's favorite. Whatever it's 10 o'clock I'm going to bed. It's early on a summer night but there is no reason to stay up any longer.

I can't sleep.

I just feel so guilty. I sit up in my bed trying to read someone to calm me down. I had some nightmare I can't even recall. I look at my table clock. It's 2:30 am... Perfect time to watch the global news on abc. I turn on the tv in my upstairs bedroom and watch a story on the increasing rates of melanoma across the country. Perfect. This will set me right to sleep. Maybe I'll just get some milk downstairs. As I go down the the second flight of stairs I hear a knock at the door. It's passed 2am its nothing. Just wind... Or some branches. It's really nothing. I shouldn't worry about it. I go fill up my glass and hear the tapping again.

I feel like Edgar Allen Poe in "The Raven", I have no idea what is rap tap tapping on my chamber door. I don't want to find out. Finally, the doorbell buzzes. Rachel is fast asleep. She isn't here in my time of need. I grab a baseball bat near the door and turn on the light outside and slowly open the door to see a dark figure push its way into the door into the living room.