Chapter 6: Awake

12 pm? When did I ever fall asleep? Last thing I remember they were signing Rachel's posters. Annie was on the other couch sleeping soundly. Great. Everything was a dream. Wasn't it? I rush to the kitchen to look for the broken glass on the floor and it's gone. The used pans on the stove? In the drawers. I sit back down on the couch to turn back on the local news.

"Local county authorities stopped a party last night in South Lake Tahoe after a party soon turned ballistic. Drugs were soon brought into the party and 18 year old Annabelle Marks overdosed and is now in a coma at South Tahoe Regional Medical Center." Typical South Tahoe kids. Life in the forest can get pretty boring. You need to find some way to amuse yourself. I start the coffee machine when the news comes back from the break. "In lighter news, North Tahoe residents are visited by the biggest boy band in the world. They were reported to be exiting the Kingsburg apartment complex around 11:30 last night. No words on where they are currently residing but more information is soon to come. Now to our meteorologist for a look on the afternoon weather."

I squeal in excitement. It wasn't a dream! Annie groggily opens her eyes. "Soph shut up I was trying to sleep. I was having the best dream ever. Wanna hear it?" "It wasn't a dream Anne it really happened I swear!" I rewind the DVR to play the news story again as we squeal in delight. We run into Rachel's room and she is on the phone explaining to her best friend Ashely about how great her life is."Yeah, they signed my posters and Harry and Liam gave me a hug before we left. I'm never going to change this shirt,Ash. Hey I gotta go. Talk to you later." She attacks me with a hug.

"You are the best big sister in the world I hope you know that! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...no homo. But seriously you are amazing!" We giggle and squeal in memory of last night when I hear my phone go off from upstairs. I climb up to see a new text. It's Liam.

"Hey beautiful, do you want to meet the boys today? Paul won't let us out of the houseboat after paparazzi saw us." With the excitement of meeting two boys, I absolutely forgot that there were five of them. Lucky me.