Chapter 9: Falling for you

The line got cut. Our parasail jumps into the air at the time it broke. "We need to jump! It will be easier than falling with the chute!" "How do we get out?" Liam takes a Swiss army knife out of his back pocket and starts cutting our ties to the chute. There is one more line .....and SNAP! We rocket towards the water getting faster and faster. He regrabs my hand in midair.

"Fall straight so it won't hurt!" Liam nods and we plummet into the ice cold water. I scream when we hit the water. The fall didn't hurt its probably because of the adrenaline. I reach the surface and search for Liam. He's right behind me and grabs me from behind. "Are you okay?!" "Yeah I'm just fine we just need to get back to the boat." He laughs. "How lucky are we? I thought I was falling FOR you not WiTH you!" Was he really falling for me? I really don't know what to say so I just smile and laugh and attempt to stay afloat. "I'll race you back?"

"Okay 3...2...1..." I splash him with ice cold water and take off. I didn't have any problem beating him seeing as I have been doing professional swimming since I was 7. I reach the boat and hang of the edge. Rachel rushes over to help me up onto the boat. "Sophie! I was worried sick about you! Where's Liam?!" Liam was about 30 yards away still attempting to sprint towards the boat. He finally reaches the edge. "She cheated this isn't fair!"

"Awww Liam don't be a sore loser!" I make a pout and puppy eyes. " How do you swim so fast?! She splashed me but still one by a landslide!" Annie laughs and answers,"That's the product of ten years of competitive swimming!" I turn towards the others

."What exactly happened out there?" Paul answers,"The equipment was old and the pressure on the rope made it snap. I'm glad you guys are okay. Good thing I gave you that Swiss army knife eh Liam?" Liam laughs and nudges me,"I'll find some way to make you not afraid of heights anymore! That experience probably didn't make it any better. I'm really really sorry about that! I mean really really sorry!" Liam looks sincerely troubled by it. How cute can he get?

"Liam calm down you are okay and I'm okay everyone else is okay you have nothing to worry about!" We both stand at the edge of the boat and stare out at the beautiful blues. It's just so perfect outside... Until Louis comes up behind us and shoves us off the boat.