Chapter 26

Christian

The punch surprised me and I stepped back. I wanted to hit him back, and I clenched my fist, but at the last second decided not to. It wouldn't be right to hit Trevor. He didn't do anything, and I deserved it. I spit out some blood at the pavement. 

"I deserved that," I deadpanned. 

He sighed and unclenched his fist. I was bracing myself for another hit. Geez. The dude could hit. I felt my jaw. Was it broken? I hoped not.

"What are we going to do?" Trevor asked. We settled down and were sitting in his driveway. 

"I've been asking myself the same thing man. I don't know. I just don't know," I shook my head. 

"Should we ask her?" 

"We could, but I don't know if it will help anything."

"We can at least try," and he stood up and started walking up the driveway to his car. 

"Right now?" I looked back at him.

"Yeah, come on slow poke," he slid into the car and honked the horn. Then we were driving to Maddy's house.

"What if something happens?" he said after a few minutes.

"I don't know. That's what I was worried about. You're my best friend and I can't lose you."

It was silent for a few minutes. 

"No matter what happens. We have to support what choice the other makes okay?"

We fist bumped and got out of the car and walked up her driveway and knocked on the door together.

Maddy's POV

There was a certain knock on the door, and I knew it was Trevor.

"I got it!" I yelled and ran down the stairs to the door. When I opened it my eyes went wide. Not at Trevor but directed at the person next to him. 

Christian. What the heck was he doing here?

"We have to talk. All of us," Trevor said with a serious face. He wasn't kidding, so I stepped to the side, let them in, closed the door, and we all went up to my room.

Then everything spilled out. They told me what happened. How they found out about Christian and I. Trevor told most of it. Christian was silent with his hands folded and his head hanging down. I took a deep breath. It was my turn to say something.

"Trevor-" I started and took a deep breath and looked down at the ground. "-before you and I. Before I even knew about you. I had a crush..on Christian.." I trailed off at glanced at him. His eyes snapped open and he looked at me. I could feel his stare burning through me as tears started forming in my eyes. There was silence.

"I knew it..." Trevor sighed. He sounded mad. Then I felt him get up and leave. He slammed the door. It was just Christian and I. No one said anything. Then I was being lifted. I looked up. Christian was looking at me. A tear slipped down my cheek. I never got a really good look at him. His hair was brown still and same with his eyes. He just seemed mature and older. Then he hugged me and I was hugging him back. We had hugged one other time besides this. Freshman year before he left. It felt like my heart felt whole again and I buried my head into him. He stroked my hair. We still hadn't said anything either. We released a few minutes later. 

"Christian...?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you feel the same way?" I looked at him.

He smiled and nodded. My heart jumped and began racing.

"Really? Since when?"

"Kindergarten."

I smiled, but then it faded again. Trevor. Where did he go? He didn't ever come back. 

"We need to find Trevor!" I exclaimed and we ran out the house and to his house. 

We split up. I went upstairs, Christian looked downstairs and in the basement.

When I got to his room I almost screamed. He was sitting in a corner a blade by his feet. His hair was a mess and he was crying and shaking. It scared me but I stepped towards him and knelt down next to him.

"Trevor."

"Madalyn. I'm sorry. I didn't know. If I knew I would've never asked you out like that!" he balled. I started crying too.

"Trevor it's not your fault. None of it is," I scooted closer and touched something wet. When I looked down I saw water on the floor and it was on my hand. I sighed with relief that he didn't hurt himself. He looked at me and hugged me. 

"I'm so sorry Madalyn." 

I pulled away and tried to compose myself.

"Trevor. None of this is your fault. He left. Not you. You were an angel who came to pick me up. You put me back together. The missing piece of the puzzle. You gave me a little infinity and I am so thankful for that. Don't apologize because Trevor you were perfect. You are perfect. Thank you," I said and hugged him tight. He was starting to calm down. Then he took a deep breath and pulled away, and looked at me.

"Madalyn. I love you, but if I really did, I would let you be with who you truly should be with. That's Christian. He's a good guy Madalyn. I'm going to be fine. Just remember, I still wanna sing a duet with you okay?" he smiled at me. He wasn't mad. I cried again. 

"Madalyn why are you crying?" he wiped my tears away with his thumbs. 

"Because I'm happy that you're okay with this," I sniffled. 

"I'm not. But life is too short to hold a grudge for a long time. I don't want to be like that. It will only make things difficult. As long as I can still be a part of your life somehow I'll be happy."

We walked downstairs and were sitting together in his living room watching a movie. 

"So, Trevor are you sure you're okay with this?" Christian had his arm around me.

"Yeah. But if you hurt her. I'll punch you harder next time," he chuckled. They fist bumped.

When the movie was over and we were getting ready to leave Trevor pulled me back.

"Christian go ahead. I'll bring her home okay?" he looked at him.

"K. Bye Trevor," he walked down the driveway and disappeared. We walked home together silently. Then I started laughing. 

"What?" he smiled at me.

"This year has been so crazy for me, but it was all thanks to you." 

We were at my doorstep. 

"Madalyn. Thank you. For everything," he hugged me. I hugged him but this time I didn't cry or feel any butterflies. I felt happy. We pulled away and I went inside. My phone buzzed.

There's something in your room on your bed for you. Take care of it.

-Trevor

I ran upstairs and opened my door. What was sitting there?

The guitar.

There was a note attached.

As long as I'm still a part of your life. It doesn't matter. I still picture that girl I saw the first day at DigiTour. You passed out. Silly girl. Thank you for turning my world upside down and being the missing piece of my puzzle. Thank you Madalyn Banouvong...for our cute love story.