Chapter 40 Payback Time Part 1

Chapter 40

Payback Time Part 1

Sebastian’s Past was not far away from mine, hearing his past made our connection deeper. I gradually trusted him. Our relationship became more strong and subtle… not hurrying. It’s been a week since our confession and I still can’t believe any of this!

Sebastian was in the market buying food supplies. We were planning to return in the mansion and announce our upcoming marriage. Which I was very excited about! Who would have thought that the butler-master/demon-prey relationship of ours could be turn upside down? I was very occupied of these mushy thoughts that I didn’t notice I am not alone.

“Ojou-sama….”

I swore even the wind whispered my name as soon as it leaves the mouth of my ‘guest’…. There he was, Claude Faustus standing right behind me, the first person who did say he loves me. I totally forgot him. How bitch I am.

“Claude…”

Wind was blowing his rather perfectly combed hair. I was surprise to see him right in front of me now when a second later river was in between us. He caught my waist. “You look fine.” He said in a raspy voice.

On the contrary he doesn’t look good to me. His eyes were heavy, his skin much paler than usual, he had lost some weight too.

“I….”

I gasp when he buried his head on my shoulder, I could feel his warmth breath and that made me shiver. “Claude, please don’t do this.”

“Could we just stay like this for a while?” He pleaded.

“…..”

“It’s not your fault.” He finally spoke after a long pause. “Don’t worry about the others… I told them that you and… Sebastian has an important business trip.”

I hugged him in return. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Claude.”

He pulled away but never let me go, he put his forehead on mine. “I’ve been wondering whether there is a meaning to a failed love… is it something that disappeared the same as something that never existed?”

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

“After all this time, after being by your side and always looking after you I failed to make a place for myself in your heart. It really has a meaning to it. Because despite the heartbreak, “He planted a kiss on my forehead. “I’m still glad that I fell in love with you.” and let me go. “Be happy, Sakura.” He brushed away those tears of mine.

“Thank you Claude.”

He walked away.

“Claude… you’re the man… A true gentleman.” Ronald Knox clings into his leg like a kid.”

“Just *sniff call us *sniff if you need drinking buddies.” Allan Slingby said.

“Uzendayo… Harimasho.”

They didn’t notice a tear slipped down the golden eyed butler.

.

.

.

“Will they live happily ever after?” Asura glanced sideways to his colleagues.

“Think not.” Krampus grins.

“Dantallion-sama?”

“Let them savor that happiness for awhile. Prepare to depart at night.”

Sebastian was on his way back the cabin when a certain idiot blocked his way.

“I miss you my Dar-----“

He dodged its attempt for a hug.

“Why the rough treatment?” Grell whinned.

“Would you mind? You are blocking my way.”

“But you spent the whole week with her!”

“Now, now don’t start a scene in here, Grell-san.”

“If you claimed to have loved a human girl, that should include her lies, and betrayals, her sins and ugliness, her jealousy and immaturity, her hatred and conflicts.” Grell spoke in his masculine voice.

“Yes I do, Grell-san. You see, To loved is nothing… to be loved is something… to loved and be loved is everything…”

“Sebby-chan…”

“If you excuse me. Oh be careful on your way home…Rather, I’d prefer you walk through dangerous roads with your eyes closed.” Sebastian said while smiling. Eyes closed.

“If you wanted to help, you could’ve just told him.” William T. Spears erupted from an alleyway nearby.

“How could I, Will? He looks so happy.” Grell turned around, eyes swelled from hold tears.

The very ‘perfect’ shinigami couldn’t mask his sympathy for the couple and to Grell Sutcliff, who became attached to them.

“It is inevitable.”

“Can I just hug you Will? Just this once, I couldn’t bear it.”

[Sighs] “Yes you may, Sutcliff.”

Grell then hugs William.

“My perfect record is now tarnished because I helped someone like you. Honestly you are a man.”

“I am a woman by heart.” Grell sniffed.

A knock on the door caught Sakura’s attention. She excitedly opens it knowing it would be her Sebastian but was surprised to see two people she didn’t know.

“Aw…. Now I know why those two fell for you… You’re a cute little princess eh?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Ravan and this grumpy old troll is Krampus. We are the Soldiers of the Night, Generals of the Demon King from hell.”

(o__0)

“Honestly we don’t need your permission to kidnap you.”