Chapter 54

"Oh you guys are so cute together." Betina said while clapping.

     "I know. I'm handsome, she's gorgeous." Greyson bragged.

     I shook my head and we laughed. 

     "I remember the days with my first love..." Betina said.

     "What happened?" I asked.

     "Well, he's just like Greyson. He always say that I'm beautiful and he's handsome. He cares for me a lot. My mom likes him and he's always at our house. But then..."

     "What?" Greyson asked.

     "He left me. He went to Ohio with his dad and yeah..."

     "Did you see him again?" 

     "Yes."

     "What did you say? How did it go?" I asked.

     "He can't remember me."

     "Oh." 

     Then there was silence. After washing the dishes, Tim together with the others wearing their swimming attires. They went down to the dock of the boat and Tim got the jetskis which are hung up at the edge side of the yacht. Me and Greyson went upstairs to change. I wore my dark blue one-piece swimwear that I used during my first tournament in swimming in 7th grade. I also put on my sunnies, flipflops and hat. When I stepped out of the room, I saw Greyson wearing a blue board shorts and his black Ray Bans on. 

     "Let's go?" he asked.

     "Let's go."

     We went down to the dock of the boat and saw Tim and Penelope riding on a jetski around the island. The other boat is used by Rachel and Pattie. I sat down and my legs dipped on the warm sea water. Greyson's beside me. 

     Betina's story is bothering me. I can't stop thinking about it. What if Greyson will leave me too? What if he's being sweet and nice because he's gonna leave me at the end? 

     "Are you okay, Sophie?"

     "Betina's story is bothering me."

     "Oh..."

     "You're not gonna leave, aren't you?"

     "Wh-what? Of course, not. N-n-no, I will never leave you."

     The tone of his voice bothered me more. "Promise?"

     "Promise." 

     Rachel and Pattie went back with the jetski and Greyson asked me if I want to ride with him.

     "Hop on, Soph!" he said.

     "Can you do this?"

     "Of course. Trust me!" 

     So he gave me his hand and I grabbed it. He started the engine and wooosh! 

     "WEEEEEEEE" I shouted. It was fun, I swear. It's my first time to ride one so yeah... 

     "Hold on tight, Soph."

     I hugged him from his back and he went faster. It was so fun. The water was splashing through our faces and then he whispered something. 

     "Don't ever let go, okay?"

     I just smiled and held on tighter. It was fun.

     After 15 minutes of strolling around the island, we went back to the boat and just chilled under the sun with Madge, Tim, Ethan and others. At 11:30, Betina called us for lunch. She prepared buttered shrimp and pumpkin soup. It was delishhhh! I took a shower and changed my clothes after lunch. The rest did the same. I put on my maong polo, high-waist shorts and oxfords then went to the living room to watch dvds with them. Then the captain announced that we will sail back at 1PM. 

      While sailing back, we just watched Modern Family season 3 and drank soda. I just sat on the couch with Madge, Penelope and of course, Greyson. 

      When we get back to the beach and Tim thanked us for going to his party. I had so much fun. After that, I went straight home since I'm really tired. 

      When I arrived home, it's only 3PM and I went to my room, turned on the air conditioner, changed clothes and slept. 

     I woke up at 9PM and I'm starving. I went down to eat some yogurt. Tiffany's watching TV. Mom is sleeping on the couch. 

     "How was the party?" Tiffany asked.

     "It was fun."

     "Were you with Greyson?"

     "Not only him. We're 11 all in all, I think?"

     "Oh okay. What did you do there?"

     "We rode on their boat. Then we rode jetskis and swam a lot."

     "Oh. What did you eat?" 

     "Alot."

     "What did Greyson do to you?"

     "What kind of question is that? Are you crazy?"

     "Oh cmon. Did he kiss you?"

     "Shut up." I'm red. Seriously.

     "Oh someone's blushing."

     "Shut up!"

     I threw the cup of yogurt and went upstairs. I lied on my bed and tried to sleep again. But I just can't stop thinking about him.