Chapter 6

"To be honest, yes." 

    I don't know what to say about this. 

    "You are special to me." He said and I blushed.

    "Uhm thanks? This is really awkward." I put my hands on my face to hide my redness.

    "Why are you hiding your face?" He laughed.

    "Don't talk to me." 

    "Are you shy? Or are you blushing?"

    "Neither." 

    "Cmon, take your hands off of your face." He said then bit on his burger.

    I blushed more. He was taking off my hand on my face and he won. I was blushing more than ever. 

    "You're red! I told you you're blushing. Nyahaha"

    "Shut up and eat your burger, weirdo." I said then he laughed.

    After that, we just strolled around until we decided to go home already. He fetch me to our house, said hi to my mom and Tiffany then left. 

    "So what happened?" Mom said while half-smiling.

    "We shopped clothes from the money you gave. See?" I showed her the bags of clothes.

    "Oh. Good. But what I'm asking is what happened to you and Greyson?"

    "Well, nothing really."

    "Nothing? You're blushing, Sophie. Tell me the truth." 

    "Okay, he bought me a dress and a pair of shoes." 

    "He really did?! No one has ever done me that." Tiffany said.

    "Is that all?" Mom said. 

    "Yah. What else do you want, mom?" I said with an annoyed tune.

    "None, none. Go and change clothes now." she said.

    I went upstairs and got my phone. Greyson texted saying "Hey Sophie. Today was really fun (: Thanks for your time. We should do that more often. See you on Monday! Bye (:" I texted him too and said that I had a great time too. Tick tock tick tock, time is running and now it's 1AM. I can't sleep. What is happening to me? Why am I still thinking of what he said? Why am I making it a big deal? Well, it's really a big deal. He said that I'm special to him. He said it with his own mouth. Should I believe him or not? Is he saying the truth or he's just playing with my feelings? Ugh, here are the questions that are left unanswered again. I should sleep now. 

    It's Sunday. We attended mass then went straight home. I did the chores and did some researches for our project in History. 

    Monday. School time! And first period is Bio class. Today we're gonna dissect a frog on the lab and who's my lab partner again? Yep, Greyson. I'm nervous. Not about the frog but about Greyson. How can I work with someone who thinks I'm special to him? That's just total awkwardness!  

    We went to the lab and started doing it. We followed the steps on the paper. Everytime our hands bump, there's something. A tingly feeling. Feels funny but it's an amazing. I feel like I'm the happiest girl whenever I'm with him. 

    Lunch time. Madge and Penelope are with me in our usual table. 

    "Miss you, girl! Sorry for not being with you at all times. Drama club has so much drama on it! We have tons of work right now because of the coming dance. And it's theme will be vintage-y! I'm so excited for it. I hope that Brandon will ask me out as his date. GAHHH HE'S SO HOT!" Madge said while munching on some strawberries.

    "There will be a dance?" I said with all my shock.

   "Yup! Next next week, I think? We've been practicing dances and performances for the night since last week. Ms. Williams (Drama Club Moderator) thought us about waltz!" Penelope said. "We will be posting the posters tomorrow. I hope that Garrett will ask me!" She added.

    I don't know why I'm a bit excited for this dance thing. Because of Greyson? Nahhhh. I don't care if I don't have a date. "Oh. Hope that you guys will date Brandon or Garrett. They obviously like you both." 

    "Psh! If I know, you want Greyson to ask you out. Just admit it, Sophie dear!" Madge said. "YIIIIHEEE" She added.

    "Shut up, Madge. Why do you keep on pairing me with him? He doesn't like me. Okay?" 

    "He likes you. You're so naive!!! Why would he buy you a dress if he doesn't?" 

    "And why would he ask you out at the first place? Right?" Penelope added.

    "You guys, he likes Amber (The girl who always has the main role in drama club plays)!"

    "That Amber? Oh no way. She's an attention seeker!" Penelope said.

    "Look at them. He didn't have lunch with us because he's with Amber." I said while looking at them.

    "Someone's jealous." Madge and Penelope said together. 

    "I'm not. You guys! How could you think something like that?" 

    "Psh. Okay. Nyahahha but you're still jealous." 

    The bell rang. I'm not jealous of that Amber girl. Yes, she's prettier than me but I'm more clever than her. I may not be famous here in school, but I know I'm nice to everyone. Not like her. Once, she embarrassed a girl from drama club and said she didn't deserve to be there. Rude? Yes. I will never be jealous to that girl. Never.

    The next day of school, the posters for the dance are already posted everywhere! Then at breaktime, I saw Greyson with Amber at the hallway. Amber is as always, with her blonde hair, flawless skin, Jimmy Choos shoes and expensive clothes. Greyson? Still the same. Wearing a pair of Converse, white shirt with unbuttoned plaid polo. 

    They were talking then Greyson suddenly pulled out a letter then gave it to her. Okay then, he asked her to be his date. Goodbye Sophie! I was staring at them. My eyes are watery. But I pulled off the tears. I walked away. Never looked back at them. 

    Dismissal. Greyson walked by me. 

    "Are you going to the dance next Friday?"

    "Not sure. Maybe not." I said not looking at him.

    "Why?" 

    "You don't care, anyway." I said then left. He came over me.

    "I like you, Sophie." He said while looking at me in the eyes.