Chapter 45

He's under the sycamore tree. Standing in front of the bench where we used to sit at during the "runaway" thing after the school's dance. He's looking gorgeous with the clothes and everything. But the question is, why is he doing this to me? What's going on?

     "What's happening?" I said as I raise my shoulders.

     "Hm...nothing really. Just want to do something special." he said.

     "You've been exerting a lot of efforts on me. It's too much, Greyson. You really don't have to do this."

     "I like what I'm doing. Making you smile makes me happy."

     "But you don't have to--"

     "Thank you, Sophie."

     "Thanks for what? No, thank you Greyson."

     "You make me happy. Thank you for that."

     "Uhh...my pleasure?" I said as we laugh.

     "Here's some flowers, by the way. I know you love flowers."

     "Why thank you."

     We just sat on the bench talking about school, the jocks, our friends, the biking thing and summer! I'm so excited for summer. More adventures with my friends and of course, Greyson! A week left and goodbye school! 

     After talking, he accompanied me on the way home like he always do.

     While walking, the rain suddenly pour drenching us with the cold water. He released his coat and put it on me. Then we ran so fast to my home. The rain was kinda disappointing but we actually enjoyed it. While running, we were laughing and giggling. It was awesome like always. Oh Greyson :') 

     When we arrived on our porch, I ran to the door and rang the doorbell. No one's answering the door. So I texted my mom and Tiffany. Mo said she's on the grocery. Tiffany's with her friends. They didn't leave the key under the doormat. This is embarrassing. I guess I'll just have to wait.

     "Greyson, you can go home now. Your mom might get worried." I said.

     "No, I'm staying. What if some random guy passes by and do something bad to you? I can't let that happen." 

     "It's okay, Greyson. I'm gonna be fine."

     "I'm still staying. I'm not sure if you're safe."

     "Ahhh fine. But isn't it embarrassing?" 

     "No it's not. Oh cmon, Sophie. You know me."

     "Alright then. What do you want to do?" 

     "Uhhmm. What do you want to do?"

     "I asked you first."

     "Nothing."

     "Fine."

     So we sat on the stairs before the door. I'm just staring at the floor. Then he broke the silence.

     "What will you do if I leave?" he asked.

     "Uhm...still wait for my mom?" 

     "I mean, what will you do if I go somewhere faraway from you?"

     "Why are you asking me that? Are you gonna leave?" I raised a brow.

     "Nahhh. I just want to know."

     "Well, I'll probably cry. And cry."

     "Why would you cry?"

     "Because I'm gonna miss you?"

     "Really?"

     "Of course. I'm gonna miss your eyes." I touched his eyes, "your nose" touched his nose, "and your lips" touched his lips. We both smiled.

     "You're gonna miss my lips? Hmmm..." he gave me a smirk.

     "Uhh...yeah?"

     "I knew it. You always loved it whenever I kiss you. Am I right?" he said while raising a brow.

     I rolled my eyes on him. "Feeler alert. Feeler alert." We laughed.

     "I'm right. Ha!" he teased and I rolled my eyes.

     We just laughed the afternoon away while getting drenched by the rain.