Chapter 21

Monday, there will be a meeting for all the old and new members of the club. It will be in dismissal time. Again! Hope that Madge and Penelope will wait for me. I'll probably be like a dead kid in that club because Amber will pull Greyson beside her. Psh, maybe I should just find new friends and stop sticking with Greyson. It will be great to meet new friends. 

     At lunch time, Greyson came by our usual lunch table. 

     "Can I eat beside you guys? (:" He said.

     "Just eat with Amber. That's better, isn't it?" I whispered.

     "What?" 

     "I said, sure. You can eat here with us." Psh. If I know, you'd love to just sit with Amber. 

     "By the way, congrats Sophie for passing the auditions. You'll go to the meeting later, right?"

     "Thanks. Yeah, of course." I turned to Madge. "Can you wait for me later? Pretty please with whipped cream and cherry on top? Hahahah!" I said with my puppy eyes.

     "There goes those puppy eyes that I can't resist...Oh well, okay we'll wait for you. Penelope, you're coming too right?"

     "Yes, of course! (:" She said. 

     I was eating my melons and didn't mind the world. Madge was talking to Grey.

     "How come Amber auditioned in the orchestra? That means she's gonna give up drama club next year?"

     "Oh that? Well, while we were having our little piano session, she asked me if she can still audition since she wants a new club and environment. So I told her that we should go to the auditorium immediately. I didn't expect that when we arrive there, Sophie will be performing. It was so disrespectful of her to shout in the middle of Sophie's performance. It was awful."

     "Ahh yes, she's gonna leave drama club." Penelope whispered. I laughed a bit when I heard it. 

     "Oh, interesting. She's a good singer, isn't she?" Madge asked.

     "Well, yeah..." Greyson said with an unsure voice. 

     The bell finally rang. When I stood up, Greyson held my arms.

     "See you later?" He said.

     "Oh yeah. Yeah, sure. See you." I said as I break free from his grip and went away.

     At classes before dismissal, I'm still bothered about everything. Why are you wasting your time on thinking about him, Soph? Snap out of it! This will take you to nothing. 

     Dismissal time. Madge and Penelope met me at the hallway and they said that they'll wait for me at the school park. So I went to the orchestra and took a sit next to...I don't know who he is. Since Mr. Williams is still not in the room, I talked to the guy beside me.

     "Hey! I'm Sophie Peterson. And you are?" I said to him as I help out my hand for a handshake.

     "Hi, I'm Ethan Clark. From 8th grade. Nice meeting you, Sophie." He shaked my hands.

     Ethan has a blonde wavy hair, pointy nose, edgy jawline and green eyes. He looks like an angel. I can't believe I just met him. Well, I can see him in the cafeteria with some guys but we never met.

     "Nice meeting you too. What instrument do you play?" I said while looking at his green eyes.

     "I play the cello. You're new right? Awesome. I heard you play the piano and Mr. Williams liked your voice. I believe that you're gonna rock this club. Hahaha! (:" 

     "Yes, I play the piano. Hahaha thank you for the warm welcome."  

     "Sure. We're in the same class in social but we never talked. You're nice but I'm kinda shy to approach you." He said. 

     "Yeah. After this, maybe we should talk in social class already."

     Mr. Williams arrived. "Good Afternoon. Welcome to our new members. It's great seeing all of you today. So I have this task for all of you. You get a partner and write a song with him/her. Maybe write a love song or whatever you like. The best partners will get to perform in a special event. You can work with your partner now until 5. The deadline for this will be next month maybe? So yeah, go and work now. You can use the instruments you know too. Chop chop!" 

     A partner? A looked at Greyson and he's with Ambbberrr. So I just gave Ethan a please-be-my-partner look. 

     "Be my partner?" He said. 

     "Sure. Thank you!" 

     I don't know but I'm blushing a bit. He's such an angel :') So we brainstormed about all the things we can write about. I'm kinda good about this since I write songs at home. We decided to write a love song since both of us are in to it. He played some melodies using a guitar and blah blah blah. it was great working with him. 

     I can see Greyson's having fun with Amber. Oh well, maybe I need to distance myself to him.