Chapter 7

"I like you, Sophie." He said while looking at me in the eyes. 

        I didn't know what to say. I'm totally out of words. My eyes are locked on his. His expression is obvious that he's waiting for my response about it though it's not a question. 

       "Wh-what?" I said as if I'm not sure about what I heard. 

       "I said, I like you Sophie." Greyson said with all his confidence.

      "I don't know what to say. Uhm thanks?" I'm so not good with these kind of things.

      "Well, do you like me too?" He asked me. We're right in the middle of the school. I don't know what to say. I'm just there, shocked, looking at him. My world stopped. I feel like we're the only people in the world. I don't know what I'm feeling. Everything stopped.

     "Uhm...honestly, I don't know what I feel about you. Sometimes, I like you. Sometimes, I don't. And you obviously like Amber, not me. You asked her to be your date right?" 

     "Oh. Well, if you like me or not, I still like you. Is this making everything awkward or? Uhm I'm sorry. And by the way, I didn't ask Amber to be my date. How could you say that?" He said. I can't look at his eyes. 

     "Uhm no. It's okay. I understand. You gave her a letter right?..." Unsureness spreads within my voice. 

     "That letter? Ms. Williams told me to give it to her. That's not from me." He said while scratching his head.

     I feel so embarrassed. I was blushing. I felt kinda happy that he didn't ask her out. "Oh. Sorry." I still can't look in his eyes. 

     "So? Uhm do you want to be my date this Friday?" He said while looking at the floor. 

     I'm blushing. I know I am. I feel so happy. "Uhm sure. It will be awesome if someone like you will be my date." What the frog did I just say? I'M DEAD.

     He looked at me. I looked at him. Our eyes met. I'm red. "So I'll see you soon. Thank you for accepting my request." 

     "Uhm okay. Thanks too! I wouldn't come to that dance if I don't have any date so yeah...thank you." I said. My voice was shaking. 

     "See you. Goodbye!" He said. He leaned into me. And his lips touched my forehead. He kissed me. I'm freezing. His lips. On my forehead. Am I dreaming or? Can someone please pinch me? 

     "Goodbye. See you." I said with my unstable voice. I managed to put on a half-smile.

     So I went home straight after that shocking and awkward conversation. When I reached home, I'm still stiff about everything that happened.

     "What happened to you? Why are you so stiff?" tiffany asked. I didn't answer. I can't stop thinking about his eyes. "Mom, Sophie's thinking about greyson. Just look at her."

     "Wh-wh-what? Huh?" I said. I wasn't on myself. 

     "It's true. She was thinking about him. AGAIN. YIIIHEEE" Tiffany said. She was pinching my cheeks.

     "Who? Him? What?" I said. 

     "Psh. Don't act like you don;t know what I'm talking about. Just tell us what happened." 

     "He asked me if I could be his date this Friday on our dance." What did I just say? I didn't tell them the truth. What's wrong with you, Sophie? "There. I already said the truth. Happy?" 

     After that conversation, I went straight to my room, did the homeworks and opened my twitter. Greyson tweeted me "Thank you, Sophie." and I replied, "Thank you too." Why is Greyson so nice to me? Because he likes me? I don't know if I'm gonna believe him. Because words are just words. What I'm gonna do now is watch his actions. What about myself? Do I like him or? I'm not sure about what I feel that's why I don't want to say anything. Everything's going too fast. I need a break from all these. 

     It's Wednesday. The dance will be in two days. I still don't have anything to wear. Should I wear the dress and pair of shoes that he gave me or just buy another one? It's the first time I become so conscious about myself. This is new. Maybe I should just go to the mall after class and buy myself a new outfit. 

     Lunch time. Greyson's with Amber. Again. And I'm with Madge and Penelope. 

     "GUESS WHAT." Madge said

     "Brandon asked you? I know, I know. I saw you and him by the park yesterday." Penelope said

     "Yep! You guys don't know how happy I am." Madge said with a happy face.

     "Well, Garrett didn't ask me but Jake did. I'm okay with Jake. He's cute and funny." 

     "How about you, Sophie? Did Mr. Piano Guy asked you already?" 

     I wasn't paying attention. 

     "HELLO SOPHIE?! Are you there?" 

     "Oh yes, he asked me already." 

     "REALLY? WHAT HAPPENED? YOU NEED TO TELL US EVERYTHING." Penelope said while clapping.

     I told them everything. I told them that I was red and blushing all the way. "Then after that, he kis--" 

     "GREYSON KISSED YOU?" Madge shouted. Everyone stared at us. 

     We kept on talking. And we didn't even notice that Greyson's just behind us. ALL THIS TIME, HE'S JUST THERE. He heard everything. Okay, I'm dead. goodbye world! 

     "Hey Sophie. Hey Madge, Penelope. I heard everything. Hahaha (:" Greyson said.