Chapter 51

I'm not jealous okay. Well maybe a bit. 

     Madge patted my shoulder. "It's fine." And I responded with a smile.

     "I wonder who are the best swimmers here." Ethan said.

     "Let's play a game, shall we?" Tim suggested.

     "Game!" all of us agreed.

     "Well, we're actually 40 feet away from the island. The first one to swim from here to there will get a whole drum of ice cream from me. Who's in? This is just for fun alright." 

     "I love ice cream and I can swim so I'm in!" I said.

     "I'm in." Ethan said.

     "I'm also in." Greyson shouted.

     "I'm good at swimming. So I'm in." Amber bragged.

     "Okay we have 4 people to compete." 

     We already lined up. Amber and Ethan are on my sides. Tim starts counting.

     "3....2...."

     I'm gonna do this for free ice cream. Hahaha. 

     "1.... GO!" Tim shouted.

     I swam and swam and swam. The water's crashing on my face and I'm still swimming hard. I just wanna show who's better when it comes to swimming ;) I'm halfway there and someone was shouting. 

     "Someone help me!!!"

     It's Amber. I think she's got cramps. I went back and I carried her on my back on the way to the island. Ethan won. Oh well. 

     When I reached the island, I let Amber rest by the sand.

     "Are you fine, Amber?" I asked.

     "I'm okay. You didn't really have to do that." she said.

     "Oh cmon, Amber. Just thank her. If she didn't carry you, you'll sink and die." Ethan said. It's obvious that he's annoyed by Amber.

     "Okay thanks, Sophie." Amber said. 

     "No problem." I said.

     I looked at the ocean and noticed that the boat is gone.

     "Guys, I think they left us and all of this was just a trick." I said. 

     Greyson looks to me then to the ocean. "I guess we'll have to spend the night out here."

     It's nearly 5 in the afternoon. And it's getting darker. 

     "No. I won't stay here all night. We've got nothing here." Amber said.

     No one spoke and we just sat on the sand. I really don't want to stay here but I've got no choice. Greyson was beside me and we're just staring at the ocean just like before during the "photoshoot". Here comes the butterflies again. 

     Ethan made a fire which impressed me a lot. And then he and Amber strolled around the island to look for food.

     It's just me and Greyson there. Sitting on the sand. Then he suddenly slips his hand on mine while watching the sun go down. I broke the silence.

     "How are you?" I said just to break the awkwardness.

     "I'm great."

     "Still feeling great though we're stucked on an island?"

     "Yes. Everything's fine when I'm with you."

     "Oh..." AWKKKKWARRRRDDDDDD.

     "I know they're gonna come back."

     "How sure are you?"

     "101%." 

     It's getting darker and I'm freezing. Wearing a bathing suit on night time is not good. I went near the fire.

     "What are your plans this summer?" he asked.

     "Nothing really. But I have my summer bucketlist and I'm gonna try to do it all."

     "Awesome! I made my own summer bucketlist too."

     "Great!" I said.

     "Can I ask you something?" he asked. I wonder what's that.

     "What is it?"

     "Will you..." WHAAAAAT? "Will you spend this summer with me? I mean, can I do all the things on my list with you?"

     I didn't think twice and I agreed to him. "Of course! That would be fun and awesome!" 

     We talked and talked about what we're gonna do this summer.

     I'm kinda bothered about this actually. Why would he want to spend his summer with me? I mean, we always bond and talk at school. Is he gonna leave me? He made me a treehouse. He gave me a very beautiful necklace. And now he wants to spend summer with me. I hope he won't leave.