Chapter 20

I didn't stop playing but Amber shouted.

     "Can I audition too?" Amber said. I stopped playing. Then she saw me in the stage touching the piano. "Oops...I'm sorry." 

     "Come here, young lady. Yes, you can audition." Mr Williams said. " Ms. Sophie Peterson, play it again, will you?" He added.

     "I'm sorry, Soph!" Amber said while giving me an evil grin.

     "Yes, Mr. Williams. Thank you." I said. I didn't care about Amber. 

     Now I have to play the song again with Greyson and Amber watching. Hope I don't mess up! Focus, Sophie. Do your best and show them what you got. 

     So I started playing "Kiss The Rain" by Yiruma again. This song is just so lonely which makes me really really sa too. Seeing Greyson with Amber? Damn. Can I just skip the whole song and step out of this stage and go home? But of course, I didn't do that. Instead, I just did my best. 

     At the near end of the song, Mr. Williams spoke.

     "I just love how passionate you are. Can you sing? Maybe give me another song? If I like it, you're in. Not for next year, but now." 

     "Really, Mr. Williams? Yes, I can sing a bit." 

     "Then go ahead."

     I can't believe he's giving me another opportunity. So I started singing "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross while playing the piano. This song's my favorite. 

     This song means so much to me. Actually, I never danced with my father. But this song hits me hard whenever I hear it. I closed my eyes while singing. I just let the my fingers run through the keys and let my voice run through their ears. 

     "If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him, I'd play a song that will never ever end..."

     I became a bit teary after singing and all. 

     Mr. Williams was clapping. "You're definitely in. Keep on what you're doing. You're totally amazing." He said.

     I was so flattered. I never though that he'd say that. And now, I'm in the school orchestra. This is a happy day. Now it's Amber's turn to perform. I went down the stage and went to Madge and Penelope. They hugged me so tight and congratulated me.

     Amber started playing the piano. She's singing 'If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys. I have to admit, she's good. She's looking at Greyson the whole time while singing which is kinda irritating... After her performance, Mr. Williams said that she's in too. 

     So Amber gave up drama club for school's orchestra. That makes sense. 

     After the auditions, Greyson congratulated me.

     "You were awesome up there. Congrats, Soph! Now we're in the same club. This is great!

     "Yeah, thanks." 

     "I need to go now. Amber asked me to fetch her home. Bye, Sophie!" Amber appeared and she grabbed Greyson's hand then wooooosh. Psh, that girl's just...ugh!

     I didn't answer. Instead, I just went home with Madge and Penelope.

     I'm still jealous of Amber :(

----------

Voooooooooooteeeeeeeee!!! :D