Chapter 70

Chapter 70

Another night of not being able to sleep. But now I actually have a reason. In the morning, at nine o'clock, this whole town is going to be in danger. My friends and family might possibly die, and if not then get severely injured. And I'm the only one who could save humanity from completely dying out. So, it is clear to see why no one would have easy sleep with all of this coming.

I spent the night at the mansion, since it's surprisingly closer to my school than my house. I walked through the halls, feeling like I was patrolling. The entire place was quiet, making me feel both secure and on edge. I had told everyone about this and I doubt they're asleep. Well, except for Sally. She doesn't need to know that everything she knows is possibly going to be destroyed.

Slenderman gave me a body armor suit which I'm wearing under my regular clothes. I don't really need to wear it now, at 12am, but if I rush to put it on in the morning then I'll waste time. That Darren guy said I couldn't waste a minute. I wore my hair up, not because it keeps it out of the way but because it bothers me. I'm already paranoid. I don't need my hair to give me chills every few seconds.

Hours went by. I haven't slept once. It's 4am now. Only five more hours until clocks everywhere hit nine and hell breaks loose. I keep walking throughout the entire mansion, passing by rooms that I've walked by dozens of times now. I pass by Jeff's room and stop to listen in. It's quiet in there. He's a bit of a snorer so I know he's not asleep. I sigh and keep walking. My footsteps are heavy from my worn combat boots. It sickens me to think that they'll be caked with blood soon.

I walk downstairs to roam the main floor. I pass through the living room, then the kitchen and everywhere else that I'm familiar with. Grinny and Smile are sleeping on the couch. The smiling cat was sleeping comfortably on Smile's head. And Smile slept soundly as well. I remember when they wouldn't even want to be within ten feet of each other. Now look at them. Though it sucks to have them get along so well now of all times. "Keep each other safe," I whispered and kept walking about. I finally take a break as I sit at the kitchen table. I brush my bangs back and hang my head. The stress is immense. It's nearly consumed me.

I put my head down on the table and sigh. What am I going to do? Am I really prepared for this? I'm completely terrified. I sit there for what seemed like an eternity and I wish it was so I wouldn't have to face Zalgo. I shut my eyes to keep the tears of frustration away. I didn't manage to keep them in so they fell silently. I clutched my fists and scowled as I shut my eyes.

"Aw, is someone a little sad? Poor you," I heard a voice say and I quickly look up to see...me? It was the demented version of me, sitting across from me at the table. She had her legs up on the table, leaning back on her chair like there wasn't a care in the world. She was biting down on a tooth pick. No...a finger bone...

"You look like you've seen a ghost," she chimed as she pulled out the bone. It still had blood spots on it. Even some bits of flesh.. I kept staring at her, wide eyed and trembling. She smirked at me and pointed the bone to me. "You know what your problem is? You're too quiet! Too tense! Lighten up a little, will ya? It's not the end of the world. AHA!!! Get it?! 'Cos it is!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!"

I stared at myself in utter horror. Demented me laughed and giggled like a child, enjoying her own messed up joke. I glared at her and she suddenly stopped to stare at me. Her blood red eyes nearly pierced through my very being. Her skin, paler than mine and covered with black marks of corruption. She grinned at me, her smile eerie and wicked despite that it was only a normal smile. She bit down on the finger bone, nibbling on it until it snapped in half. She spit out the other half on the floor and put the left over bone back in her mouth. I just kept glaring at her, fists clenched tighter. She chuckled and said, "Oh, don't give me that look. This isn't as bad as you think! I feel...powerful. It's absolutely amazing! And soon, you'll get to feel this way. There's no way to resist the intoxicating sensation of chaos and sin in the very palm of your hand!" She grabbed the leftover bone and crushed it with seemingly effortless strength.