Chapter 51

*I'M GOING TO TRY UPDATING MORE FREQUENTLY WITH THIS BOOK SO HOPEFULLY I DO AND YOU GUYS WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FORGETTING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS BECAUSE THAT'S BECOME A PROBLEM FOR SOME OF YOU, I KNOW. AND IF I END UP NOT TAKING MY WORD IT EITHER MEANS I'M NOT FEELING WELL, I'M VERY VERY BUSY OR I NEED TO TAKE A BREAK FOR AWHILE TO REFRESH MY MIND. SO IF THIS HAPPENS, TELL ME PLEASE, SO THAT WAY I WILL BE MOTIVATED TO AT LEAST TRY TO WORK ON THIS STORY, NO MATTER WHAT. THANK YOU AND ENJOY! :>*

Chapter 51

Jeff and I left the motel in the morning, and went back on the road again. I was well rested and ready to keep driving. Jeff seemed to be rested too, although he was slightly out of it. But I think if he had slept on that cushioned bench, he wouldn't even be awake right now. We kept driving and we eventually made it into Iowa. A couple of minutes in, we started spotting towns. The buildings were absolutely stunning. Tall, well-structured buildings with beautiful coats of paint in all sorts of nice shades. The place looked amazing and I knew we'd be seeing more towns much like this one.

I reached into my pocket and grabbed the map of the area that Ben had calculated where my grandmother was residing. I opened it and looked at it briefly. "We just need to pass through this town, drive a couple more miles into the woods and then we should find our destination," I announced to Jeff and he nodded. I put the little map aside and drove through the town. After thirty minutes we made it out and into the forest. I looked at the map again and could see that we were on the right path. I kept driving on the only road there was and checked the surroundings. The forest was thick with trees and I'm sure some wild animals live around here. Hopefully I don't run into any of them, literally.

As we drove deeper and deeper into the forest, I felt a strong feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was absolutely unnerving and I begged it to go away. I don't know what is causing me to feel like this. Maybe it's just the anticipation of seeing my grandmother for the very first time? Yeah, that must be it. But this feeling is way more stronger than any anxiety I've ever felt.

I turned up the radio, thinking that it would calm me down. It didn't help much but it did take away the eerie silence within the car. This feeling lasted for a while and I couldn't take it much longer. Just as I was about to have a panic attack, the radio signal scratched up and mostly turned into static. Jeff tried adjusting the knob but no matter which way he turned it, the signal wouldn't work. We both thought it strange and Jeff ended up turning the damn thing off. Now it was back to silence and I didn't like it very much. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel and Jeff noticed my uneasiness.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked me. I nodded and strained a smile. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me. We'll get there eventually."

"That's not what's troubling you," Jeff stated and I bit my lip.

I stifled a nervous chuckle and replied, "I'm telling you, I'm fine. Why are you so concerned about me anyways?"

Jeff frowned and said, "Because I'm your chaperone and it's my job to make sure you're fine."

"Well I've been saying that I am, and you won't listen," I muttered, agitated.

"Hey I'm only asking if you're okay. Don't get antsy with me," he growled and I scowled.

"I wouldn't get antsy if you just quit interrogating me!" I snapped and we got into a full blown argument.

"I'm not interrogating you! You want me to do that, I'll do it!"

"You better not ask anymore questions or else I'll-!"

"You'll what?! Huh? You'll kiss another guy right in front of me?!"