Chapter 8

*WE MEET AGAIN READERS! SRY I HAVENT WRITTEN IN QUITE A WHILE BUT  IVE BEEN BUSY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY. ANYWAYS HERE'S PART 8 AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY  \(^U^)>  *

Chapter 8

It's been three days since I last saw Jeff. I've been on edge ever since that day with Ben. My bruises have healed up already which is good. It's Saturday so I don't have to go to school. Good thing too. But now I have no idea what I'll do today. I just don't feel like being lazy. My dad has the weekend off but my mom still has to work. She is a nurse at our local hospital. She has to be on the job a lot. But my dad usually sleeps the whole day so it's like he's not even here, despite the occasional loud snoring from time to time. I walk around the house, bored out of my mind. I check my phone for messages from anyone. It'd be nice if Jeff had a phone so I don't have to wait for him. But he doesn't have one so that's not possible. I go upstairs and lay down on my bed for a couple of minutes until I get restless and walk some more. I try something to do on my computer but it's not enough really. Man I need something to do. Then I hear my dad call me from his room. I quickly rush over and see he's still laying down in bed but is awake. "Hey sweetie," he mumbles, "I need you to do me a favor please."

"Sure dad," I said, "what is it?" He groans and yawns, "Your mother wanted me to get some groceries today but as you can fully see I am not capable of going. So, I want you to take my car and drive to the store. Can you do that?" I perk up, knowing full well that I have something to do now. "Yeah! Of course daddy," I said. He smiles slightly and says, "Thanks baby girl. There's a list of items to get on my work bag. Just grab my keys and go. Get only what's on the list okay? There's some money on the nightstand which should be enough for what we need." I nod and grab his keys and money. "Thank you," he mumbles and before I could say 'you're welcome' he's already asleep, snoring like an animal. I smile and walk downstairs. I grab the grocery list and a jacket. I head for the front door and go to start my dad's car. I'm sixteen already so I already know how to drive. I just don't do it that often so this is the first time in a while. But I still know how to drive well. 

I get in the car and start it up. I back out of the driveway and head out for the store. It's a pretty mellow day today. The tree leaves are already starting to change color instead of its usual green shades. I get to the store and park the car. I make sure to lock it just in case someone tries to break in it or steal it. I walk into the warm store and look at the list. The items are simple enough, I know where they are. I get a cart and start walking. I get a couple of the items and start heading over to another aisle when I see someone familiar. I squeak and blush. It's Travis! Holy crap! And what's worse? He's in the aisle I'm supposed to go into and he's standing right next to what I am supposed to get next. My bottom lip trembles from nervousness. I never thought I would run into him out of school...or even in school for that matter but still! I can just wait until he leaves. But then I'd look like a creep watching him from behind a display of chocolate chunky bars. Damn. I can always come back and get this item anyways right? But I don't have a pen to cross off the items. I'll forget to come back and get this item. Great. Well, I guess I'll just have to get it now.

I go into the aisle, park my cart behind him on the other side and get ready to grab what I need. I count to three and start to run for it. I quickly go to his side and grab for what I want but I didn't even get close. "Hey," I heard Travis, "I remember you. Hi there!" I whine to myself for not being quick enough. I look at him and say hello. He gives me a gentle smile and I blush. Why does he have to do this to me?! "So, how's it going," he asks. I hesitate to say anything. "Um...," I start, "good. Things are going well. How about you?"

"Same here," he said. I smiled a little and fidgeted in my spot. I hope he doesn't see how uncomfortable I am right now. "Um, hey," I said, "did your cousin notice the hairpin you stole from her?" He laughs and says, "Actually yes she did! I thought I was just making a joke when I said she counts them. She actually does." I giggle a little. Wow, she actually does. That's surprising. "How are you feeling?" he asks me. I look at him confused when I remember what happened to me. "Oh the fight? Um, I'm fine." I replied. He smiled slightly and said, "Well, that's good. At least you're okay." I nod and grab the item I was supposed to get. I start walking back to my cart and put it in. "Well, it was nice seeing you," I said. I was about to walk away when he grabbed the cart handle and said, "Wait...you never told me your name." I feel my face heat up. I can't believe he's asking for my name. I didn't think anybody like him would do that. I take a deep breath and then say, "My name is Elizabeth. Uh, Elizabeth Umber." Travis smiles and says, "Thanks, Elizabeth. Can I ask you something else?" I nod and he says, "Mind if I have your number?"