Chapter 7

*THIS CHAPTER DOESNT HAVE MUCH ACTION OR CREEPY STUFF BUT ENJOY THE QUALITY TIME SPENT BETWEEN JEFF AND ELIZABETH AND ENJOY ~(>3

Chapter 7

As soon as I saw my house I felt so much better. I'll be safe in my home...at least for now. Jeff found an open window, that I'm sure wasn't open before, and hoisted me up and through. I made it safely to the floor and watched Jeff come in without struggle. I gave him a look. "You know I have keys to the front door...right?" I tell him. He stares at me, clearly realizing his stupid actions and just replies with, "Too mainstream." I roll my eyes and head for my room. I put my messenger bag away and take a seat on my bed. I sigh. I'm so tired. I'm tired of all of this madness. I'm tired of being mistreated for who I am. I'm tired of trying to please people. I'm tired of being the weak, shy, insecure girl. I'm tired...just tired. I close my eyes, not because I'm sleepy, because I could feel the tears coming. I didn't want to cry, not now. Not when I'm laying down and they fall too easily. Not when I want to feel strong. Not now, I don't want to cry now. 'Please...don't cry' I think to myself. 'I beg of you please. Don't you dare.'

I couldn't take it. I couldn't hold back. I let a tear slip and slide down to the bed sheets. I was about to let another fall when Jeff jumped onto the bed, surprising me. I turned the other way and wiped my face quickly. I sit up and look at him. "Wha...what the hell?" I said. He chuckled and put his hands behind his head but only managed to put one. His arm was still injured and he winced when he moved it. I frown. "Get off of my bed. You're going to dirty it with blood. Come downstairs and I'll fix it up for you." I get off my bed and walk to the kitchen. I grab the first aid kit under the sink and put it on the island counter. I saw Jeff shuffle in the room and hold his wound. I take out the right tools and tell him to take off his hoodie. He smirked, "You wanna check me out?"

I glared at him and said, "Just take off the damn hoodie." He chuckles. "Dominant girl. Jeff likey." I roll my eyes as he takes off his hoodie. He had a black shirt on. Thank goodness. I thought it was just the hoodie. I didn't want to see a shirtless Jeff in my kitchen right in front of me. It would've been weird if he had another hoodie under the hoodie. God damn. I lifted his sleeve a little and cleaned off the excess blood. I could feel his eyes on me, not watching my hands but just watching me in general. Like looking into my eyes yet I'm not looking back. I didn't want to look at him though because I know I'll meet his eyes as soon as I do and it'll be weird. I suppressed the urge to look at him and paid attention to his wound. I cleaned off all of the blood and now it was time to put the alcohol. I know Jeff won't like it but I just want to fix his wound. As soon as I dabbed some alcohol on his wound he cursed. I scolded him and he went quiet. He mumbled how I shouldn't worry about him. Clearly he doesn't see that cleaning him up expresses my concern for the poor furniture.

I finished putting the alcohol and now I had to close his wound. Good thing there was some surgical thread in the first aid kit. I got a needle and started stitching his cut. Jeff grunted and cursed. Hey he's lucky. At least I know what I'm doing. If not then it would hurt a lot more than this. I could tell he desperately wanted to get his mind off of it. When I was almost done he said, "What happened to you?" I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I ask, then go back to stitching. He grunts and says, "Your face. It's all bruised up and you have a black eye. What happened?" I stiffened. And here I thought I'd feel super nervous to tell my parents yet he's putting me in so much stress so quickly. I didn't think he would have this affect on me. I sigh and say, "Just...school. No biggie."

"It is a 'biggie'," he said sternly. "Who did this to you? Tell me and I'll take care of it."

"Since when do you care about me?" I ask, a bit annoyed. I kept stitching and listened to him talk. "Since I first found out that you're the proxy. Did you hear me back in the woods? I said I would protect you. I may not know how...but I will."