Chapter 54

*HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE GETTIN' LOTS OF CHOCOLATE, ROSES, HUGS AND KISSES FROM THOSE YOU LOVE DEAREST! AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE SINGLE AND PISSED OFF TODAY, ALWAYS REMEMBER "It's not called being forever alone, it's called being forever available." ;) BUT I LOVE YOU! -rejected- OKAY NEVERMIND. ENJOY YOUR DAY AND THIS CHAPTER AND STAY LOVELY, MY BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS~! <3<3<3<3<3*

Chapter 54

My own grandmother was about to shoot me right in the face, all because I'm the proxy. Fuck my life. I was trembling, ready to beg on my knees, ready to plead for life. But I couldn't say a word, I was too tense to do so. And I feared that if I spoke even one single word, she would pull that trigger and kill me on the spot. I was desperate for a way to escape this situation, but no opportunities came. Before Maribel could pull the trigger and blow my brains out, a hand shot out and smacked the gun out of her hand and into the snow. She dropped me and I fell into the snow, shaking from both the cold and the anxiety of nearly being shot. I looked up to see who had saved me and nearly screamed in joy.

"Jeff!!!" I exclaimed. He looked down at me and was about to speak when he fell over into the snow too. I crawled over to him and said, "Jeff! What's wrong?!"

I looked down to see bandages around his torso, and saw blood staining. Oh shit...! "What the hell happened to you?!" I asked.

"Long story," he coughed, "it hurts a lot."

"Then why'd you get up, idiot?!" I scolded, though I was very relieved to have had him save me and to see him alive.

"I wasn't about to let you die," he said. I looked at him and smiled slightly. Before I could say anything else I heard a gun cock and I turned to see my grandmother pointing the gun at me. I frowned and held Jeff closer to me. "Alright fine," I started, "shoot me. Go ahead. Just know that you're making a big mistake."

"Think I give a damn?" she growled. I've had enough of this already. I sneered and stood up. I walked towards her and stopped once the gun was at my chest. "Pull that damn trigger," I said. We both glared at each other with equal coldness and she put her finger on the trigger. "Just know this," I muttered, "My dad misses you."

She tensed up and faltered. Maribel slowly removed her finger from the gun's trigger and shook. Her stone-cold glare was no more as I could see the sadness in her golden brown eyes. I almost felt sympathetic if she weren't aiming a gun straight at my heart. I kept talking, "He misses you. He had police search for you but they had no luck. Then I was born and his first priority was me and my mom. He still wishes to see you just once but he truthfully said that he feels the same way towards you as he feels towards his unknown father that abandoned the both of you. You abandoned him too, despite the fact that you were all he had. He's perfectly happy now, but I'm not going to give up on you just like he did. But, I can see you don't want me around either. Go ahead and shoot me, but just know that you're only abandoning your family all over again."