Chapter 51- Happiness And Darkness

I closed my eyes shut and was close to pressing the trigger but I heard someone fire a shot. Rhea and Chase shouted 'No' but I didn't understand what was happening.

My body was still and frozen. I couldn't move or feel anything. The blood stopped running down my forehead and it was dried up.

I looked down at myself but nothing happened to me.

I sighed when I realized that I didn't get hurt.

I looked up and found Richard standing with police behind him. The police fired the shot in the air and then pulled the gun to Richard's head.

"Don't move," he commanded and Richard didn't move. "Put your gun down."

Richard looked at me and sighed before dropping the gun on the floor. He raised his hands in the air, above his head.

"Thank you," I whispered and many other police officers walked in.

"Who called you guys?" Rhea asked the police officer politely.

"I did," a familiar voice spoke as someone walked inside. I turned to him and it was Cherry.

His eyes held pain and when they landed on me, I saw him look relieved. His eyes quickly dropped to the floor and he didn't make eye contact with me.

Just behind him, I saw Krystle walking up next to him. She placed her hand on his shoulder and he looked at her who gave him a small nod.

Slowly his eyes turned to me and he walked towards me. He stopped when he was a little close to me and sighed.

"I'm sorry tutu," He breathed out. "I'm sorry for now sticking up to you. I'm sorry that I let him tell you that you're not important to me. Because tutu you are the most important person in my life. Krystle fixed the wedding date and I was just distracted by that the whole time. I'm so sorry tutu."

I gave him a soft smile and took his hand in mine. "Oh Cherry, it's alright. Even if you would've chose me, I wouldn't be able to live with what Richard would've done to Krystle. It was better this way," I replied and his frown turned into a soft smile.

"Can you forgive me?"

"Well, of course I can Cherry. You're family and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for your life lesson."

He chuckled and I joined in. "I'm sorry."

He pulled me into a hug and Krystle joined too. "Ambulance is on its way here."

I looked at Chase who was still shocked about everything. I slowly smiled at him but he didn't react.

"I'm sorry Chase," I started as he slowly walked towards me, expressionless.

"I'm sorry. I know I should've told you about the baby. Also, the baby I'm carrying right now," I started and touched my stomach.

"I know it was wrong of me to keep this from you but I didn't want you to feel like you need to be with me because of this baby. Because you don't. I wouldn't mind taking care of it by myself and..." I said but he quickly pulled me into a hug and interrupted me.

It took me a second to process what was happening but I hugged him tightly. His hard body leaned against mine and we fit perfectly together.

"I would never leave you because of anything Olive. Now, I will be with you forever to take care of this baby. You don't have to do it yourself," he whispered in my ear and I smiled to myself.

He swung me around in his arms and we slowly broke the hug. He went on his knee and touched my stomach, making me smile.

"I will be waiting for you," he whispered and kissed my belly with a warm smile.

I waited for him to get up but he didn't. Instead, he slowly pulled out a box from his pocket, still on his knee.

I examined the box and I knew what it was.

Oh my god.

He opened it, revealing a diamond ring and held it out. "Olive, I have a confession to tell before you say anything," he started and I nodded, shocked.

"Since the day I saw you in the grocery store, I knew you were the one for me. I know usually guys aren't this cheesy or crazy romantic but you make me want to be everything I'm not. I never took myself as a romantic person but after meeting you, everything changed. You made me want to become everything I wasn't. You make me a better person."

I sighed and he took my hand in his.

"I don't know how a girl like you would ever decide to be with a guy like me but thank you. You have no idea how much you mean to me and how much I love you. There was only one person who I ever said 'I love you' to. It was my mom. The love I have for you is endless like the ocean and with you I can conquer anything. You complete me, Olive."

His soft hands caressed my fingers and my eyes started to fill up with water.

"I know I'm late to ask you about this but the night I planned everything was destroyed. There is no better way to ask you than today. Everyday I fall a little more in love with you. I don't even think that it's possible to love someone that much but I do."

"I do too," I smiled and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Olive Rosalinda Montgomery, would you make me the happiest guy on earth and complete me? Would you right all my wrongs for the rest of our lives?" He asked as he pulled the ring out and waited patiently for my answer.

This was a dream.

A dream which I have had for a long time.

A dream which nobody could complete except Chase.

"Yes, yes I will," I nodded and he smiled before taking my hand and placing the ring on my ring finger.

He got up and kissed me as he picked me up, bridal style. I couldn't get enough of him. He was everything I could ask for that moment.

Suddenly everything started to blur and I started feeling dizzy. My mind started wandering off somewhere and all I felt was cold.

My eyelids started to feel heavy and my body weakened.

I felt like I almost died in his arms before darkness took over me and I passed out.

___

Hey there!

Don't forget to support me by pressing the star at the bottom of your screen. It helps me write more for you guys. Thank you.

I decided to split this chapter into 2 so there will be another update coming very very soon, which is why this chapter is really short.

By the way how was Chase' proposal?

I found it so cute when he asked her out. It was so hard to write with tears of joy filling up my eyes.

So, stay tuned as another update will be coming soon.

I love you guys! Thank you so much for 350K! This means so much. Also, thank you to everyone who loves this book. It wouldn't have been possible without your support. Thank you!