Chapter 39- Forgiveness?

"So, How is Armaan?" Sameer asked while we sat down and waited for the MRI of the patient.

"He is amazing. Now that I am a resident, I get to assist him in a lot of surgeries. Also, cardio is pumping right now," I chuckled. "How is engaged life going?"

"Oh boy, don't ask. Now that you aren't home most of the time, it's only us in the house. It's the same except whenever we are in bed, her ring keeps scratching my face. Hence, these marks on my face," he explained and pointed to his face.

"Oh god, i do not need the deets, I'll get them when I finally see Rhea tomorrow," I replied and we laughed.

Suddenly the monitor shows an image of the massive tumor this guy has. It has taken almost all of his temporal lobe and there isn't much blood flow.

"This looks bad," I commented.

"Yeah," he sighed.

"Does he even remember his name?" I asked.

"It's worst. He can barely talk. His memory started fading away just last year. He has been my patient since 6 years," he replied.

He seemed attached to this patient. "Well, we have Dr. Vernon and she is a great neuro surgeon so let's not worry about it yet."

"I hope everything goes smooth," he said and I smiled at him before we left to assist our patients.

___

"What?" I exclaimed as I sat down on the sofa, finally after the 48 hours shift.

"I'm sorry but he was saying that you broke his trust. I had to say something," Rhea replied and I buried my face in my palms.

"God Rhea, you shouldn't have," I replied.

"Wait, why are you not happy. Didn't he apologize for his behavior?" Rhea asked and I sighed deeply.

"He doesn't trust me Rhea and you're friends with me. So, he would obviously think that I sent you therefore he wouldn't believe you," I explained and Rhea placed her hand on her forehead.

"Oh god," she breathed out.

"I have tried really hard to forget him and move on from him. But, when I see him or talk about him, it all comes back. That's why I didn't go to the dinner with you," I explained.

"I'm sorry," she said and gave me a small smile.

"It's fine," I replied and hugged her as we sat down and finished eating.

"Where's Chase?" Jeremy asked as Sameer and him walked out of kitchen.

I slowly sat up and so did Rhea. "Shut up Jeremy," Rhea tried shushing him.

"Why? Where is he?" He asked again and Rhea groaned.

"God knows where he is," Rhea said and then I heard some whisperings.

"Wait, Olive?" He called and I turned around, wiping a tear. "Didn't Chase come to talk to you?"

I didn't say anything and he understood what that meant. "Wait but how is it possible?"

"How is what possible?" Rhea asked as she jumped out of the couch.

He started mumbling something to himself and I stood up and went to him. "What happened Jeremy?"