Chapter 34- Moving On

"Good morning sleepyhead," Rhea knocked on the door.

"Go away Rhea," I groaned and pulled the pillows to my face.

She kept knocking on the door until I'd open up. I have been in my room for a week now. Nothing feels right anymore.

I haven't seen Chase since he left my house the night of my birthday. Best birthday gift ever.

"If you don't open up Olive then I will break this door," Rhea threatened me.

"Leave me alone Rhea," I groaned.

Suddenly the door swung open and I sat up quickly. Rhea stood outside, smiling at me. "You broke the door."

"Nah, not really. I forgot that I had the keys to this house," she smiled and jumped on the bed next to me.

"I missed you in the office Olive, please come back," Rhea whined.

"No," I replied.

"For how long will you tell Mr. chivalry that you're sick?" She asked and I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say. "He was so close to coming here because you didn't show up for a week."

"Don't let him know about this," I replied.

"You have to come out to the real world Olive," Rhea replied. "I have went through this too. I know it's hard. I know you think that life has ended because you lost Chase but it didn't. You still have your dad, grandmother, and me."

I thought about it. It was true whatever she said. Everything she said has crossed my mind at least once per day.

"Fine," I groaned and she smiled.

"Wow, I am so good at convincing people," she parted her back. "By the way, take a long shower. You kinda stink."

I smiled and she left the room. I stood up and walked over to the bathroom.

___

"Wait why?" She asked.

"Because Chase doesn't want to see me," I replied back.

"So?" She asked. "Who gives a fuck about that fucktard anymore? He broke your heart and you still have feelings for him."

I looked at her and she smiled.

"Sorry," she replied and I smiled back at her.

"I'm going for groceries, I'll be back soon," I said as I left.

___

I don't even know what groceries we need but I just wanted to eat out of the house for a while. Suddenly my eyes spot someone who I didn't think would be here.

I quickly hid behind one of the racks and peeled through the holes. It was Chase. He was really here. What was he doing here?

He was talking to someone but I couldn't see who it was. An old man was blocking my view. I turned around and took a deep breath.

Everything is fine. Calm down Olive.

I turned and sat him talking to a girl. She was almost my height and really skinny. She wore a yellow dress which was really short and everytimme she would laugh, she would touch chase.

That pissed me off so much.

How dare she touch Chase?

Before I could go to them, I thought about what Chase had said to me that night.

"I don't want to see you ever."

He doesn't want to see me. Why make it worse by going to him?