Chapter 32- I'm Just A Call Away

Today was the day, I was supposed to be married, seven years ago. Today I just wanted to sit at home by myself. So, Rhea and Sameer decided to go out to give me some space.

Apparently today was also my birthday. One of the many reasons why I hate my birthday is because it reminds me of Richard. I never celebrate my birthday and not many people know about it either. 

"This is the fifth time you threw up, are you sure you want us to leave?" Rhea exclaimed and I sighed.

"Yes, I'm sure," I replied back.

"No, don't leave her. She obviously doesn't feel good," Chase said on the phone which I had on speaker.

"Chase I'm fine. Rhea you can go," I replied back and chase sighed in return.

"I'm just a call away," he slowly spoke after a while and I smiled whereas Rhea winked at me. "I know you're smiling and I wish I could see you."

"You're not coming Chase, I'm fine," I replied back and Rhea chuckled. "Bye."

"Bye," he replied back and I cut the call.

"Are you preggo?" Rhea whispered in my ear and I choked on air.

"Oh my god Rhea," I almost shouted.

"Haha, I knew it," she said half screaming.

"No Rhea, I'm not," I replied back and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah whatever you say. We will be back by 8," Rhea replied as she took her purse.

"8?" I asked and she nodded.

"Babe, it's already seven thirty. What will we do for half hour?" Sameer asked and she smiled at him.

"Oh my god Sam, we will go out of the house and sit in the car for a while and come back inside. She only wanted space for a while," she stated, emphasizing on the words 'for a while.'

"Oh god," I laughed and she joined me.

"Just kidding," she said in singsong. "We will be back when you want us. Call me if anything happens."

"Gotcha," I replied and she pulled me into a hug.

"I'll miss you," she replied as Sameer started dragging her out.

"I will miss you too," I replied back.

"I will more," she replied as Sameer opened the door.

"Okay," I chuckled and closed the door behind them.

I quickly walked over to the kitchen and started baking cookies. Whenever I am tense or nervous, I eat cookies. A lot of them.

I took out some flour and a bowl. I added water into the dough and started putting them on a dish so I could bake them. I shaped the cookies as small rounded balls.

Yesterday was super awkward. I don't know why Richard was bringing everything up. I think he doesn't know that I have changed a lot since I broke up with him.

___

As I ate the cookies, I turned the Television on. Twilight was playing and I started watching it. Suddenly someone knocked on the door and I jumped on my seat.

"Oh god," I breathed out and looked at the clock and it was 9.

I stood up and walked to the door thinking about how fast time passed since Rhea left. She knocked on the door again.