Chapter 52- Solace

Chase' POV

I rushed Olive to the hospital in my car along with Sameer who was checking her pulse and examining her.

He said that her breathing sounds a little raspy and heartbeat was slow. I don't know what that meant but it didn't sound good.

The doctors quickly rushed Olive to the operation room and Sameer asked to assist and they agreed.

I had been sitting outside the operation room for almost an hour now. Sameer came out many times telling me to stay calm.

Suddenly the door opened revealing Sameer and I quickly stood up. "How is she?"

"She lost a lot of blood and has a concussion. We can't say anything at this point. Have faith Chase, she'll be fine," he replied and I slowly sat back down.

I started thinking about how we met and after that everything went perfectly. Except for the fact that we had fights and were separated. But, we have overcome every obstacle that came in our way.

This might be the last one that we have to face.

We can do it.

I buried my face in my palms and sighed. Slowly, I felt the bench moving as Rhea sat down next to me.

"How is she?" She asked, concerned about Olive.

I sighed and looked at her. "Sameer said that they don't know anything yet."

"Are you okay?"

She gave me a soft smile and placed her hand on my shoulder. I was on the verge of breaking down.

The love of my life has went through so much and I'm not there to comfort her.

This happened because of me.

I could've asked her sooner and we would've been off to Paris right now. But, Richard messed everything up.

"No," was all I could say.

She adjusted herself in the seat. "She will be fine Chase. She has to," she spoke and I looked at her as she continued. "You both have been through enough and now it's just too much. You guys have to be together."

She looked at the operation room and sighed. "Olive has always tortured herself for everything bad happening to her. She has been broken for a long time... but with you it's different. You healed her. You made her realize the meaning of live once again. She might not say it but you're everything for her."

"Thank you Rhea," I whispered and she nodded.

"Coffee?"

I nodded and Rhea left to get some coffee for herself and I. Just then I saw Zachery walking in the hallway and he stood across me.

"I'm sorry man," he started and sighed.

"It's okay," I replied back and he closed his eyes shut.

"I could've prevented this from happening but then again destiny isn't easy to run from," he replied. "I know she will be fine. She has to."

"She will be," I confidently replied.

"And chase," he started and I turned to him. "That girl inside is like my little sister. Please don't ever hurt her," he replied, almost torn apart.

"You have nothing to worry about Zachery."

He smiled and sat down in one of the benches across me. Suddenly Max, Krystle and Jeremy came.

"How is she?"

"They can't say anything right now," I replied and Jeremy sat down next to me. "So What is this Amanda thing bro?"