Chapter 19- Paris Life Part II

When we went downstairs, I saw Mr. Chivalry, Jeremy, Chase and Amanda standing near the reception, waiting for us.

When we walked up to them, they were quiet shocked. "Olive?" Mr. Chivalry breathed out.

"Something wrong Mr. Chivalry," I asked, going up to him as Rhea smiled faintly at Jeremy.

"You look amazing dear," Mr. Chivalry said, smiling. "Doesn't she Chase?" He asked and looked at Chase who had been looking at me.

"She does," he said, almost like a whisper as he looked up and down at my dress and then his eyes met mine and I saw a glow.

Suddenly his eyes wandered outside and never met mine. Was he mad? Wasn't I suppose to be mad? What's up with him? God!

"A word Jeremy?" She asked as she took Jeremy to the side and they started talking.

I tried to hear what they were talking about but Rhea definitely knows how to whisper. We stood there waiting for Rhea and Jeremy to be finished.

When they came back Jeremy went to Amanda and kept her company, not letting her get to Chase. Now Jeremy likes her? Just great.

We walked to the hall and stood outside the doors. I looked inside and I heard music and couples. There were couples everywhere. From the bar to the dance floor to the food section to the resting area.

"Damn," I muttered under my breath and I heard Chase say something which was inaudible to my ears.

Before we could walk in, a guard stopped us.

"Pairs," he stated and looked at us.

Jeremy and Amanda were already standing next to each other so they were a pair. Amanda's eyes wandered towards chase, who seemed uninterested in her.

"May I?" Mr. Chivalry asked Rhea and she jumped with joy.

"Anytime," she said in a joyful tone.

The guard gave Chase and I, a meaning stare. He cleared his throat and Chase pulled me to him by my waist. I looked at him but his eyes were set to the couples dancing on the dance floor.

"Good to go," he said as he cleared our way and we walked in.

Just as we did, Chase let go of my waist. He didn't make eye contact with me nor he smiled at me. Usually he isn't like this. Maybe I was too harsh on him. I have to listen to what he has to say. I shouldn't have shut him off like that.

"Chase I-" I started but he left to the bar saying "Save it."

I was confused and I followed him to the bar. "Chase I want to talk," I kept saying but he didn't listen to me.

"A beer please," he asked the bartender as he sat down on the seat, not looking at me.

"Chase I said I want to talk," I again said but he ignored me.

"I'm free to talk," I heard a drunk man say, who stood behind me, holding my waist.

"Let go of me," I said, struggling to get his hands off of me.

His grip tightened and he pulled me to his chest. I tried pushing him but he didn't move. Because of these stupid heels, I couldn't even save my own ass.

I stabbed my heels onto his shoe and he let go of me, instantly. "Oww," he grunted in pain and fell to the ground.

Suddenly Chase stormed towards him, holding the drunk man by his collar. Chase dragged him to the wall and pulled him up slightly by his neck.