Chapter 49- Staying With The Enemy

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a cold room. It was dark. I couldn't see or hear anything but I felt cold.

The coldness in this room made my body shiver as I'm not used to this. This room was freezing.

I tried to get up but I realized that I was on a chair. My arms and feet were tied down to the chair.

I groaned as I tried to get out of the rope but failed miserably.

I saw some light at the end of what looked like a hall. I dragged myself and the chair to the end of the hall, which took such a long time.

I sighed and looked down, there were stairs. Not many, just couple of them. As I couldn't do anything to get out of the ropes, I decided to fall down the stairs so the chair could break and I would be free.

But there was a huge risk of getting injuries and most importantly losing my baby. I have never done anything like this. I sighed and decided to give it a go.

I closed my eyes and moved a little closer to the first step of the stairs and pushed myself a little which would have cause a loud thump followed by little ones. But, someone held onto the chair, from behind.

I turned my head to the side and saw Amanda, holding onto the chair. She pulled the chair back and I groaned.

"What the hell are you doing?" She whispered, angrily.

"Leave me alone Amanda. I want to leave, I want to go home to Chase," I replied and the anger on her face converted into pity.

"I'm sorry Olive but he will be home soon. I can't let you go anywhere because he will find you," she told me and I was shocked.

"Why do you care?" I asked and she started untying my arms and feel.

"It's a long story, I don't have time. I am going to loosen these ropes which will help you escape when he leaves. Please, Olive leave when you have the chance," she spoke slowly and smiled at me.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked.

"I never wanted this to happen. Richard has been making me do everything for him. If I don't do it then he will kill my father. He is very dangerous Olive. All he cares about is himself. He wants you to choose him over Chase."

"Oh," I breathed out.

"He will ask you, so choose him. Just lie about it which will make him satisfied with himself. He will come back tomorrow for you to say the same thing to Chase and that's when you can tell him the truth," she said and I nodded. "Jeremy already knows about this, he will help."

"Wait, how does Jeremy know? What is happening?"

I was confused.

I understood nothing, whatsoever.

Is this a trick? Is she tricking me to fall for her lies?

She seems genuine, though.

"It all started when you came into Chase's life. The day you walked into office after your break, Chase was the new boss. We had flings but after he met you, he finished everything between us. Yeah, I'll admit that it hurt but at least I knew he was in good hands," she spoke slowly. "Yeah, I know I loved him. But, he loves you. You're the one who mattered to him ever since he met you."

"I knew Richard in college and it was not a good experience. I left him and never heard of him until you and Chase started getting closer. He kidnapped my dad and threatened to kill him if I didn't help him break you and chase off. That's why I did what I did."

"Oh, I'm sorry Amanda," I replied and she nodded.

I was horrible to this girl. I always thought she was a mean bitch who wanted to steal Chase away from me.