Chapter 14- Old Love Story

It had been a whole week since Chase went to the Paris meeting. He hasn't came back yet, I wonder what's happening there. They had him call me so I could discuss the presentation I made. I did my best but I haven't got a call and Chase hasn't called me back either.

I have been curious for an answer but never got a call. But thank god dad's wedding went well. It was amazing and I must say, Dad and Sydney are actually a good couple but nobody could take my mother's place.

Dad quit drinking after I told him about the wedding and he is 8 days sober. I hope it goes like that because I can't imagine anything happening to him.

They asked me to stay with them at their house but I strictly denied him. I can't leave Keechee and she didn't want to leave our old house. They understood especially Sydney did. She is actually really nice but her children's are a pain my ass.

Not all of them are pain in my ass but Catalina is the most annoying one. She is the typical mean stepsister who in fact is very girly. She is just a year younger than me and is actually pursuing something in business. Catalina being the mean person she is, wants to work for Mr. chivalry so she can torture me.

Candice is the oldest one and she is nice. At the wedding, she gave me company and we got along well. Rhea also liked Candice which proves how amazing she was.

Let me not start about how much Rhea likes Catalina. At the wedding they both were having a World War III. Oh got I can't believe I had to witness that.

Jace was Catalina's twin and was totally opposite of her. He was nice and it was nice to have a brother. I was the only child and never knew how amazing it felt to have a brother who takes care of you.

          Candice, Jace and I hangout many times these days and Rhea sometimes accompanies us. She gets along with them and it seems like Jace and her have a thing. I mean I definitely won't mind her coming into the family.

          I just finished all of the paperwork for next project and was about to head out until I heard a noise coming from outside. I quickly went to the window and it was dark outside and I saw a blue Lamborghini. Who could that be? I was the last one in the office tonight.

Then I heard something else break outside. I took out the small knife that I always kept on myself in case anything happens. I slowly walked towards to the door and peaked from the glass. I saw Rhea getting tackled down by the same man from the garage.

          C'mon are you kidding me? I slowly opened the door and walked outside, without asking any noise. His back was towards me and I saw Rhea down on the ground, trying to get up but she couldn't.

          Just as I was about to hit him, he laughed. "You really think you can hit me?" He said, turning around.

          Rhea looked up and saw me. "Go away Olive," she shouted and I saw there was blood coming out of the side of her mouth and her forehead.

          "Oh did you forget what happened last time we met?" I told him as I saw his face turning red. "Leave her," I demanded.

          "You know nothing about this. I can still spare your life if you leave," he spoke with hoarse voice.

          "Never," I spoke without thinking of the consequences I'd have to face.

          Just as he stormed towards me, I heard Rhea say, "Sameer stop." The man whose name was apparently Sameer, turned towards her and she stood up slowly, trying not to fall and keeping herself straight.