Chapter 35- Parting Ways

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Many of you wanted an update so here it is. Also, I hope you know that this book has monthly updates. So, stop begging for irregular updates. I already told you guys that it isn't easy for me to write with a busy schedule.

Also, asking a writer to update, pressurizes them. I'm asking nicely so please be patient for the next update because there won't be one for at least a month.

If you don't like unfinished book then don't read my book. It's going to take a while for me to finish it. I won't rush my book for anyone. So, don't tell me that you won't read it because it's unfinished. If you leave, my other wonderful readers are always there to support me and they wait.

I'm grateful to each and every one of you but there are so many of you who bombard me with messages and comment about updating when I just updated. Please stop that.

This is me being nice so if you find it offensive then I'm truly sorry. I don't mean to hurt your feelings in any way.

Anyways, continue reading.

___

A month.

A month has passed since I haven't had a connection to the outside world. In this month, all I have done is tried to move on.

Rhea told me that it's good that I want to move on. Chase doesn't deserve my tears. He trusted Richard over me.

But how can I give up on him? He made me happy. Why can't I have a little faith in him? I will go to the office and talk to him. If he truly cared about me, he would listen to me.

I quickly rolled out of bed and freshened up.

___

I slowly open the doors and I smell the same old lavender. Nothing changed about this place. It still smells the same and looks the same.

I go up to the receptionist and she quickly hunts up and smiles at me.

"Ms. Montgomery, you're back," she said and I smiled at her, faintly.

"I need to talk to Chase Chivalry," I asked and she looked down at the notebook.

"I believe he is in conference right now with the investors. Why don't you have a seat and I will tell you when he's free," she said, I thanked her and walked to the couch and sat there.

I looked up and found his room. Just then I saw my room. I was so tempted to just walk in but I knew better. That room must've been someone else's.

To get my answer, I walked up to the receptionist again. "Excuse me, who is in that room now?" I asked, pointing to my room.

Her eyes followed where my finger was pointing and she smiled. "No one ma'am."

"Oh," I breathed out and looked away.

"Actually Mr. Chivalry sealed the room. No one goes in or out of that room. He is quiet strict about it too," she replied and I smiled at her.

Mr. Chivalry? Does she mean Chase? I probably shouldn't ask. So, I just walked back to the couch and sat down.

___

Suddenly the conference room's door opened and there walked out many familiar faces. Jeremy and Rhea were the first ones to walk out of the room and they headed to the elevator.

Mr. Chivalry and some other investors also walked out of the room. The one person that I wanted to see wasn't out yet.

Just then, I see him. The slouchiness of his body and poofed up eyes didn't match him. His face, pale as ever and the smile gone. His hair, not combed properly and his attention, not ahead at all.

This was Chase. It's not the chase that I knew before. He was never like this. He never slouched nor a smile left his face. His hair nicely combed and face, not pale.

This is all because of me.

I quickly stood up and he stopped in his tracks. Slowly, his head turned towards me and our eyes locked for a brief moment.

I smiled but he just stood there looking at me. It seemed like he looked right through me. Like he doesn't know who I am. Then, he opened the door and went in his room.

That's when my heart actually broke into million pieces. He looked right through me as if he doesn't remember me.

Why is he acting this way? I slowly sat down and waited for him to come downstairs.

After a while he stood inside his room and looking out the glass door and I stood up again with a small smile.

He didn't come out nor did he smile at me. He picked up a call which was from the receptionist. He talked with her for a while and then hung up.

"Ms. Montgomery, I just called Mr. chivalry and he doesn't want any visitors. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave," she slowly spoke.

"No problem," I muttered under my breathed and looked at him one last time.

I walked out the office and waited outside in the cold weather. I was freezing. But, I will wait for chase and talk to him. Make him understand that this wasn't my fault.

___

It had been 4 hours since I have been freezing out in this cold, waiting for Chase. He hasn't showed up yet.

Almost everyone left the office and now he should be too. Usually this time he leaves the office so he should be here soon.

I had been sitting outside on the bench, curled up because it was freezing and I forgot to bring my coat.

Suddenly the door opened revealing Chase. He didn't see me but when he started walking to his car, his eyes darted towards me and he froze.

For a second, I saw concern in his eyes as he walked towards me. A sense of longing. I wondered if it was real or I was just imagining things.

"Chase I-" I started but he looked away. Slowly, he took his coat off and handed it to me.

I looked at him. "Chase you have to believe me. I didn't invite him."

"Oh god Olive, why can't you leave me alone? I told you I didn't want to see you and there you are waiting for me in my office. How many times do I have to tell you to leave me alone?" He almost shouted out and tears started forming in my eyes.

He has never talked to me in that way. He never shouted at me nor he was ever upset.

"But Chase I..." I started and he raised his hand in the air, stopping me for talking any further.

"Olive, leave me alone. You're so floozy," he finally said and my face saddened.

Is that what he thinks of me?

"F... f... floozy?" I muttered and tear rolled down my cheek. "That's what I am to you?"

He didn't say anything and I wiped away my tears. He doesn't deserve my tears.

"Thank you for teaching me a new lesson Chase. Also, don't worry, you won't ever see me again," I said and gave him his coat back and walked away.

I took my phone out and a card. I dialed the number and they picked up after a while.

"Hey, is there space for one more intern?" I asked and walked off.

___

Anyways, I hope you liked the new update. Keep showering me with your love by reading and voting.

Don't forget to support me by pressing the little star at the bottom of the screen. Your votes are truly appreciated. Thank you!