Chapter 2- Love Life Is The Sahara Desert

"A date? Why do you think that I will go out on a date?" I scoffed.

"Well, this may just be my last wish dear. I want you to be happy," she said as she faked crying.

"Oh oh really?" I groaned. "Keechee!"

She started wiping away the tears which weren't even there. I felt bad even though she wasn't actually crying. She was the most closest thing to a family to me and I don't want to make her unhappy.

"Fine I'll go," I spoke softly.

"Huh? What?" She asked as she took a napkin and blew her nose.

"I will go to this stupid date," I stated as she quickly pulled me into a hug.

"I knew it! I knew you always to go!" She excitedly said.

"Um you are making me go and-" I said as we pulled away.

"Liar! You have mind blowing desires dear," she interrupted.

"—and ok," I finished.

I looked at her and she looked delighted by my decision. She always tried to set me up on blind dates but I never went. This is the first time I am going and I hope it turns out well.

He better buy me some expensive ass food and drink cause I'm definitely not going to a date and not eating something good and expensive.

How do you dress up to a date? Should I wear a dress or pants and shirt? How much makeup should I do? Now is the time for me to watch those makeup videos that keechee keeps on playing.

"So uh- Keechee? How should I dress? Who is the guy?" I asked softly.

"I already have everything ready for you!" She said excitedly.

"Um... okay?" I spoke softly.

"The dude is like a Greek God! Let's get you ready!" She said as she dragged me to my room.

I saw few items lying on my bed. There was an off shoulder long sleeves black dress along with earrings and necklace.

I looked at my grandma and found her smiling.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing it's just you will look beautiful!" She said as she clapped her hands.

"So when is the date?" I asked as she looked at the clock and panicked.

"Oh my god it's at 9:00!" She panicked as she dragged me to the bathroom.

"Grandma calm down it's only 7:30," I spoke as I tried getting out of the bathroom but she slapped my shoulder.

"Ow, what was that for?" I said.

"You gotta be ready! Girls take a long time to get ready!" She stated as she pulled my hair out of the bun.

"Um okay? Should I-" I tried asking but before that she pushed me to the chair.

She started doing something with my hair. After a while I felt something hot pressing down my ear and I stood up abruptly.

"Ow! Keechee!" I looked at her and she looked at me in horror.

"What? What happened?" I asked her as I ran my hands through my hair but everything was fine.

"I burned your ear," she pouted.

"Aww it's ok Keechee," I said as I sat back down and she finished doing everything.

She went outside as I wore the dress. She called me outside and I did. She pulled me in front of the mirror and I looked.