Chapter 10

I stared hard at his cold hearted face as he grabbed one of the books I was having trouble caring and put it into my backpack. The smirk on his face that I remember faintly never left, his scruff covered face made a slight smirk on his left side as he finally set my bag down on the floor next to us. 

    "Hey, Quinn" His hands met his front pockets and his faced turned red...but I went on and slammed the locker shut.

    "Hi...Listen I have to get to lunch but uh-it was nice seeing you again Matt" After I begin to walk away he grabbed my wrist tightly and twisted me around.

    "Wait! No Quinn...you can't walk away from this, okay you just can't" I scoffed and pulled my arm from his grasp.

    "You were my best friend...my boyfriend...and yet you still left when times got too rough for your liking. You used me as an accessory, all of your friends knew that it was tradition to have a girlfriend and when you couldn't find one I just so happened to be it. When you broke my heart, it killed me...you used to me the person I went to" Lynn and I were always best friends but Matt's mom and my mom are best friends. 

    "Quinn yes, we had issues..but we were never fake. I loved you so much and one day my girlfriend was so sick and it hurt me to see her like that, my best friend and my girlfriend...all in one" His eyes turned light and I could tell ever word that came out was the same as the last time.

     "Apparently it hurt enough to cheat on me, twice. I-I believed that I was going to marry my best friend like every other fairy tale story. Instead I found my boyfriend and Caitlin Weathers kissing in the locker room and at a movie snuggling the second. Justin is my now and you were my past. I'm sorry but I have to leave" Tears covered my emerald eyes. I wanted the life I used to have when he did cheat but I always knew that I would never have it back.  

     "Quinn!" I never looked back. 

-----------------

    I slow my pace when I reach the double doors that lead into the Lunch Yard. All the tears are dried before I let the sun beat down onto my face, like it is welcoming me back to reality but I don't listen. The conversations over whelm me and the sound makes me sick, the laughter. I see my friends and gradually take my time over there.  
    "Hey! So Quinn for your birthday I was wondering if..." I space out and look at those double doors to see Matt sad, I could also see the deep breath leave his body. 

    He moves over with strides to the jock table and sets himself by putting his fingers gently on the green plastic table. Our eyes meet for a second and once again that certain pain and that memory of the first time I had known he cheated, or better yet caught him cheating. I had just come back from the hospital. 

    Flashback 

     It had been days since I was released and I was desperate to see Matt and Lynn, the two people I could leave my life with. More or less. 

      "Bye Hon! Have an awesome day and don't forget about the nurse okay!" My mother waved and yelled at me through the car window and me being a fifteen year old girl refused to listen to her. So I did the stupid route and waved goodbye with an I love you attached at the end. 

       I walked towards the front office and asked for all my make up work from two days, they said I was allowed to stop by the teachers before first period since it would be hard to get it during class. I didn't argue and carefully walked with my nubs I had in my nose...I didn't hear the nose till later. 

       Mr. Chen's class was down the 300 hundred hallway so I prepared myself for the physical damage I would be doing to my body down that hallway. Halfway there and I realized that Matt would be in the locker room because of football so why not surprise him? He doesn't know that I was coming back anyway so I changed my direction off course for a second and when I didn't hear anything I went into the room itself and found what would later kill me.