Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up early Monday morning feeling so sick I wanted to die, no not die never die, but how can I help it I felt like a blob of jelly. Avoiding the roar of my moms voice I got up on my own and did not even bother to get dressed because my entire family knew that I was staying home today. My head was aching and my face was pale and to top it all off my hair had just fallen out more in one night than a week and that was the scariest of all.

"Mom! Where are you? Mom!" I could barely walk let so I searched long and hard to find something to hold onto until she emerged from her bedroom, looking dressed and refreshed. 

"What is it Quinn..." She stopped dead in her tracks and rushed to me as soon as she noticed how bad I truly was. 

"Please help, it hurts mom. It hurts really bad" I was quiet as I tried to talk through the pain. 

"Okay honey hold on we will get you to better okay? You are going to be just fine" I cried a little as she set me on the floor and got me a trash can to throw up in and with my luck I did. "Drew! Get up this instant!" Her booming voice scared me and rocked the pictures on the walls. 

"Drew Jackson get up! Now! I will not ask you again!" My mother's voice was strong as she banged on his door and got my hospital bag packed up and my pill packed in the bag as well. Drew finally emerged. 

   "God! What is it-Quinn!" Drew rushes to me and helps me from the floor while our mother continues to run around the house. 

   "Drew," My mom says orderly "Get the car and bring it around, I'll get Quinn in the car and get her stable. We need to hurry." Drew doesn't hesitate as my mother takes my arm and waist before walking me out to the truck. 

As we left the driveway Lynn was walking down the street going to my house it looked like and my mom rolled down the window and Lynn covered her mouth in utter sadness as a few tears went down her eyes. 

"Lynn just go straight to school, we will let you know if anything happens" Lynn nodded and my mom rolled the window back up as she put the oxygen snout on my face and put a blanket over me to keep me warm. 

"Mom?" She stroked my head and I could tell she wanted to cry but she didn't she wanted to stay strong for me and I was grateful for that. 

"Shh, Honey it's okay. It will be an hour and a half before we get there so just rest for a while okay? Here" She put a pillow behind my head and kissed me on the forehead before I finally gave in and fell asleep.

We got to the hospital and my mom had called beforehand and they knew my case so they were waiting out front of the E.R section with a gurney and oxygen, I slowly regained life from the sleep and as I started to wake up Lynn seemed to be looming over me. Moving with the gurney. 

"Oh my gosh, Quinn. I'm right here" She smiled down on me as I fluttered my eyes. 

"Miss, you need to leave. She is going to ICU and you cannot come with her so I need you to back up and wait in the waiting room along with everybody else" Lynn looked angry at her demand. 

"Okay, I'll be waiting Quinn. Don't you dare do anything stupid" She laughed and finally stopped while I kept moving.

All I remember after that was the Doctor getting me transferred into an ICU room and the nurses telling my family that they needed to leave so that they could get me stable before they were allowed to see me. That's all I remember and I wish I knew more. But I didn't.

I woke up a few hours later and looked around to see nobody In the room with me so I stared at the blank chair for a moment and finally pressed the nurse station button and a red-haired girl came in and grabbed my chart from the end of the bed.