4 Tips For Women Who Want To Make The First Move

1. Be bold. Oftentimes a woman will convince herself that being the first to approach a guy looks desperate. But it's the exact opposite. It takes a lot of courage to be the one to break the ice—for guys and gals—so this bold first move will not go unnoticed. Simply walk over and strike up a conversation. If you want to be a little more stealthy, buy him a beer. This works well if the guy who catches your eye is also shy because, as he seeks out a "thank you," he'll know you're interested.

2. Be confident. Guys don't only enjoy when you take control in the bedroom, but in your dating life as well. And the sexiest thing a woman can wear is her confidence, so he'll love it if you have the guts to head over and chat him up first. Why? Because it's refreshing. Men love a challenge when it comes to dating, but they also love a woman who isn't scared to go after what she wants.

3. ! You must be thinking well, duh! But you would be surprised at how many women underestimate the power of . Plus, men like to flirt just as much as we do—not to mention they love the attention. The trick is not too be too but playful and sweet. Lightly touch his arm during conversation. Smile. Ask him about himself. Contribute to the conversation but also listen. Flirting can make things a lot more comfortable and fun.

4. Don't beat around the bush. Simply put, be direct. No matter how obvious we think a gesture or hint is, men just don't get subtlety and nuance the way women do. When communicating with men, it's OK (and actually productive) to be more direct than you would be with your ladyfriends. And telling him what you do and don't want helps a man feel less pressure to make all the decisions.