Signs Maybe a Shy Guy Likes You

The Stammer - A shy guy isn't going to come right out and let you know that he likes you - that kind of fails by definition. But if, when you are around, he suddenly seems to have trouble speaking, whether to you or someone else, it could be a sign that your presence causes him stress.

Stressing Out - Aside from a stammer, there are other more directly physical signs that a guy likes you. Does his face get red? Does he get goose pimples? Does he suddenly get thirsty? Any of these could be an indication of an increased heart rate or sexual attraction.

Acting Out - One of the less attractive signs is if the shy guy suddenly goes through a personality change when he's around you. He may become more belligerent, or seem to be showing off whether with extravagant gestures ("Buy the bar a round!") or other "macho" methods. This kind of mating instinct is the same thing that makes peacocks spread their feathers, and should be considered as a possible sign that the guy is too shy to let you know by more direct means.

Anybody But You - If you see a guy who seems to be fine talking to many other women, especially if those women are very similar to you, but he doesn't seem willing to show you the - well, it might be that he doesn't like you. But it's also possible that he is doing it because he does like you, and he's only able to talk to the others because he doesn't really fear their reaction.

Indirect Messages - Remember eighth grade, the little notes that read, "Do you like Jim? Circle YES or NO." That kind of shyness never goes away for some people - so they may show that they like you through indirect methods, like notes, flowers, sweets, or other forms of appreciation. The best kind of indirect sign, though, is when you suddenly find - tickets to a concert you mentioned in passing, or a scarf you saw in a window and only lingered on a moment - given to you. That shows that not only does he like you, he is also paying attention to what you like.

Hovering - Do you notice that the shy guy who won't talk to you directly seems to be around a lot, in social situations and other places? The cute side of this is that he simply is trying to be near you, while still being unsure of how to show how he likes you. Of course, the other side of this is stalking, and that may be something to address.

#1. He'll glance at you when you're not looking.

That shy guy doesn't want to get caught looking at you, so he'll do it only when you aren't looking at him. He wants to first figure out if he really likes you or not. If he decides to like you, he'll then do more than surreptitious looking—he'll ensure that next time round you notice him 

#2. He looks really uncomfortable.

This is a tough one because it may appear that he doesn't like you at all, when he is simply so nervous around you that he wants to barf. Fortunately, this may only happen right at the beginning when he first meets you. As you gradually get to know each other over time, he'll soon warm up to you and have more confidence in speaking to you.

#3. He is so awkward that he drops things.

Does he constantly drop his pen, or does he drop his books when he's in your presence? Perhaps he accidentally brushes his notebook or cellphone off his desk? He may also have difficulty holding onto his coffee mug or his glass around you too. You may want to take a step back from the chaos so that coffee doesn't get onto you, but do inject some humor into the situation as you don't want to discourage him.

#4. He'll treat you differently.

  If that shy man really likes you, he'll treat you differently than the other girls in the room. He'll fetch a drink or an item for you, while ignoring the needs of the other girls in the room. This may even get to the point where they're annoyed, but who cares, as he has eyes for only you.