Are Guys Intimidated By Pretty Girls?

Some guys might be intimidated by your looks, but other guys might be intimidated by the fact that you're tall... or are really good at the violin... or can beat them in Mario Kart... or an endless list of other silly reasons. But obviously you shouldn't let the insecurities of others prevent you from being any less amazing! That's their problem, not yours.

Sometimes you need to step back and ask yourself if you actually WANT to be with a guy who is intimidated by any aspect of who you really are. A true partner will accept you, love you and be proud of you for your entire being; so why settle for someone who doesn't live up to that standard?

On the opposite end, would you want to date a guy who thinks he can easily date you or that he's doing you some kind of favor by asking you out? There are plenty of great guys out there just waiting to meet you who will adore you for all that you are. Sometimes it just takes time for life to put the two of you in the same place at the same time.

But here's the great thing: dating and cuddling aren't exclusive to high school. In fact, as you get older, you'll find even more opportunities to meet a guy who wants to show the entire world how googly-eyed crazy he is about you. Couches and big, comfy chairs are much more accessible in college and post-living at home life, and while it does leave you a bit lonely now, know that it's worth the wait!

Much of the problem you're facing might be due to the constraint of your community, wherever you may live. In college, for example, you'll be surrounded by a larger number of people, and you'll find people you have much more in common with due to the classes you choose to take. Also, in your case specifically, there are tons of tall guys just waiting to find a lady with some height on her!

In the end, while the guys in your life right now might lack the backbone to strut the town with you, there's absolutely no reason to settle for a man of lesser value (or who holds you as anything less than the best thing ever). The key to a great relationship is finding someone who you can be on equal ground with, a full-on partner who is as in to you as you are them. So for now, just have faith that he's out there, and keep being your awesome self!

Read more: