How To Read The Signs of a Guy Liking You

Ah, guys. They sure can be a confusing bunch. If a guy is giving you a mixture of signals, you can learn how to recognize the signs that he likes you and figure out what to do, whether they're positive or negative. 

 He seems to pick on you more. Guys can be weird sometimes and hard to read. Sometimes, if you think a guy is picking on you, or being mean to you, it can actually be a sign that he likes you. Young boys usually don't know how to express that they like someone and will act out instead. If there's a guy in your class who seems to pick on you more than others, and makes fun of you more regularly, it's probably a sign that he likes you.

 If he ever lightly punches or pokes you, imitates your voice or posture, or just tries to tease you somehow, it's almost always a sign that he likes you and wants you to notice him.

He looks at you a lot. If a guy regularly looks in your direction and makes eye contact, that's often a sign that he likes looking at you. That probably means he likes you. If you're sitting in class and notice a boy staring in your direction, it could definitely be a sign of some major "liking" going on. 

 Does he look embarrassed when you make eye contact? Like he just got "caught"? If so, that's definitely a sign that he likes you. Or it could also be a sign that you have some food on your face.

He starts talking to you regularly.
If a guy has sudden urge to start talking to you regularly, it's obviously a sign that he wants to hear what you have to say. That means that he likes you. If a guy goes out of his way to talk to you more than once, it's because there's something about you that he finds interesting. Talk back and find out if you feel the same way.

If a guy you've never talked to starts trying to chat with you on social media, it could be a sign that he likes you and is shy. Talking on social media is one of the easiest ways to approach somebody, and will seem less intimidating than walking up to you in person.

If a guy starts asking you a lot of questions, it could be a sign that he's read a lot of online how-to articles about chatting with girls and wants you to be comfortable. Pretty good sign he likes you.

He seems nervous around you. If this guy seems normal around other people, but then starts getting quiet and shy around you, it's a good sign that he likes you. If a guy starts to get anxious when you're around, and stops talking, it means that he's nervous and wants to make a good impression on you, but might not know how.

Try talking to this guy one-on-one, and ask him questions so he won't get so nervous and will be able to talk more easily. Or try chatting with him on social media, or texting. This can be a lot easier for shy types.

He's just acting weird around you. Sometimes, guys just want to make you laugh. If you have a different sense of humor, though, his jokes just might seem weird to you. This can make you even more confused. If a guy's just acting weird, it could be a sign that he just wants to get your attention and make you laugh, because he likes you.

Pay attention to see if this guy acts very different around you than around other people. If he starts doing weird things, but only when you're around, it's possibly a sign that he likes you.

He's putting more thought into his look when you're around. Do you notice that a guy seems to look better when you're around? If he's putting a little extra effort into his appearance, it's a sign that he's trying to impress someone. That someone might definitely be you, if it only seems to happen when you're together. 

He wants to hang out with you alone. If you're friends with a guy and you've started spending a lot of time together alone, it could be a sign that he likes you. Have you been hanging out one-on-one a lot lately? Does he seem hesitant when you suggest hanging out in a group? Could some of your hang-outs be called dates? If so, it could be a sign that he wants you to be more than a friend.

Alternatively, if he seems to pull away from you and spend less time around you, that may also be a sign that a guy likes you. It can be hard and confusing for guys when they realize they like somebody.

He touches you gently. If a guy lightly touches you on the shoulder, or on the leg, or goes in for a hug sometimes, it's probably a sign that he likes being close to you and wouldn't mind getting even closer. If a guy is comfortable with physical contact, it could definitely be a sign that he likes you.

If a guy is uncomfortable with a touch, that doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't like you. It could just be a sign that he's super-nervous around you and doesn't know what to do.

If a guy touches you inappropriately, or touches you in any way that you don't like, that's a problem. Tell him to stop and tell your teacher, parent, or some other authority figure.

He just treats you differently than other people. Sometimes, it's hard to point to one thing in particular that a guy is doing differently, but you just have this feeling that he's acting differently around you. If that's the case, it might be true. You might be noticing that he's feeling attracted to you, and has started changing as a result of it. He might like you.