ways-men-tease-the-women-they-like

1. HE GETS COMPETITIVE

Is he super competitive, but only with you?

If he's always trying to make something into a contest to see who can finish their work the fastest or who can tell the funniest joke, then he might just be into you.

Competition is a fun thing for men, so if he's always challenging you, it's a good sign.

As long as he's not rude about it, of course.

2. HE MOCKS YOU

This is one of the most childish ways to tease someone, but a lot of men do it.

When you fangirl about how much you love American Horror Story, does he mimic you?

If he does, pay close attention to what he's poking fun at.

3. HE ALWAYS DISAGREES

Does he disagree with everything you say just to annoy you?

If you know he loves dogs, but with you about how cats are way better, then he's just in the mood to joke around.

He likes seeing you get into passionate discussions, because he finds it attractive.

4. HE POINTS OUT LITTLE THINGS

Does he always point out little things about you, like how you keep biting your lips or how you always hum when you're bored?

If he makes fun of you for those things, it means he's paying close enough attention to actually notice them.

If you have a crush on him, it's a great sign that he likes you, too.

5. HE NICKNAMES YOU

Does he give you an embarrassing nickname that he knows you can't stand?

If he's just doing it playfully, then he likes you.

If he's doing it to be a jerk , then you don't want him in your life.

It's all about his attitude when he says it to you.

6. HE TICKLES YOU

Sometimes, teasing is physical.

He might try to tickle you, to poke you, or to punch you in the arm.

Whatever he does, it's an excuse  to touch you.

It shows that he can't keep his hands off of you.

7. HE MAKES ACCUSATIONS

When he sees you talking to a guy friend, does he accuse you of liking him?

If he does, then he might be waiting for you to disagree with him so he can be assured that he has a chance with you.

He doesn't want to ask you directly if you like another guy, so teasing you is a better way to find out the answer to his question.

signs-to-figure-out-if-he-is-picking-on-me-or-flirting-with-me

1. IF YOU WERE A GUY THEN WOULD HE HAVE SAID THESE THINGS?

Many, many men are terrible at flirting but they sometimes discover that if they are jerks to women, they get more attention than if they are sweet (and smarmy).

Is he picking on me or flirting with me?

It's possible that he's flirting, and it's possible that he is not very good at it.

2. IS HE PAYING YOU MORE ATTENTION THAN HE SHOULD BE?

This is a definite sign that he is attracted to you.

Men will do this out of instinct in some cases.

They gravitate towards things they are attracted to.

The trouble is that it happens with all men.

Men holding open doors, offering to help, being a friend, are just trying to be around you more.

You are simply going to have to choose a man who wants to be around you without resorting to such crappy methods.

4. RELY ON YOUR INSTINCTS AND NOT WHAT YOU READ ABOUT BODY LANGUAGE

Forget crossed arms, an upright posture or any other thing you read about body language.

Everybody is different and the men that try to alter their body language in order to flirt are often on the wrong track.

Trying to dominate your attention is the sign of a guy who is flirting with you, but bad at it.

5. CHECK FOR THE OCCASIONAL SMILE FROM HIM AS HE SEEMINGLY PICKS ON YOU

Have you ever seen Clark Gable in "Gone with the Wind"?

His smug ass has a massive smile across his face no matter what he is saying to women.

With him it seems to work, and yet when most guys smile all the time they look creepy.

Men can use a smile to break the tension when flirting, but when they smile too much then they build no tension (except in rare cases such as with Clark Gable).

But don't forget that his smile is not his only tool.

There is a very telling bit of dialog that says, "He looks as if, as if he knows what I look like without my shimmy." Most men would appear creepy in that scenario, but the fact that it doesn't with Clark Gable shows that more is at work than just appearances.

If you come across a guy who can do this stuff without appearing creepy then absorb as much of him as you can whilst you get the chance because you won't see another for a long time.

6. IT'S NOT HIS WORDS, IT'S THE WAY HE SAYS IT

In the movie "Independence Day," look at Will Smith's interactions with his wife.

He tells her how he is essentially cheating on her and how he is the greatest.

That is the message that his words convey, but he is actually being very charming (and obviously doesn't mean that he is truly cheating on her).

7. HE IS APOLOGETIC EVEN WHEN TRYING TO PICK ON YOU

You should probably get rid of this one because he is trying to flirt with you but is very bad at it.

He thinks that confidence comes through picking on a woman, and yet apologizes for his actions because he wants you to like him.

It is a sign that he is flirting but you could do a lot better than an unapologetic little wimp.

If you keep noticing that he is paying you attention then no matter what he is saying, he probably has a crush on you.

But, there is nothing attractive about a guy who says you have a scary face in one breath and apologizes for it in the next.

A nervous laugh or encouraging you to smile is also a sign that he is trying to get you to like him and is a very subtle way of apologizing.

As you can see, there is no definitive answer to the question is he flirting with me or picking on me.

What applies to one guy will probably be the opposite with the next.

All you can do is hope to interpret the signals as best you can.