Ways to Know If He's Just Shy or Just Not Interested

Do you know that the guy you're interested is a talker or an extrovert? If he's talkative with others, but quiet when he's around you, he's probably just shy and nervous about making the first move. If he's not shy and not interested, he's going to show you the same side he shows with others.

  Watch his body language. Does he get anxious or fidgety around you, or does he seem disinterested? The shy guy is generally self-conscious. Don't read that as distance. He's probably just nervous. When a guy isn't interested, he'll read more standoffish than anxious.

  A shy guy is generally intimidated by the woman he's interested in or pursuing, making the approach particularly hard for him. Watch how he acts around his friends. If he's comfortable around them, but not you, you probably intimidate him. When a guy's not interested, there probably won't be enough effort for you to read. 

 If a guy is shy but interested, he wants to see you but may be looking for you to make the first move. If a guy simply puts off seeing you and you've already expressed interest, he's just not interested.

  A shy guy may be too intimidated to be direct with you and initiate conversation, but he'll try to hang around you every chance he gets. If he's always showing up to things that you're involved in or likes to hang around in your personal space, he has the hots for you. 

 The shy guy may not have the courage to approach you directly, but he'll try to get the scoop about you from the people who know you best. By the time you talk to him, he may know more about you than you do yourself. When a guy's not interested, he will not inquire.

  How long have you had your eye on this guy? If it's been awhile, you've made it clear that you're interested and you're still wondering, he's probably not interested. There may be an element of mystery to the shy guy but after you've given him enough time to get comfortable, his emotions will show. 

 While he may not do big or over the top, the shy guy often remembers the little things, even things you haven't told him. He's perceptive and will show it through small gestures. A guy who isn't interested isn't going to put in the effort to remember the little things.