How to Avoid a Guy Who Likes You that Thinks You Like Him

Tell him
you don't like him.
This step may be the only one you need. Dropping hints won't always work for some guys, and this will confirm that you do not have any feelings for him. That way, he won't have to keep guessing, and you can clear the problem before it gets worse.  

Pretend that he doesn't exist. If he stares at you, act like you can't see him. In other words, completely ignore him. If he tries to talk to you, act as if you didn't hear him while turning to the nearest person and beginning to talk to them. That way, he won't dare interrupt your conversation, unless if he is determined enough to.

If he does interrupt your conversation, shoot him a warning look while politely but firmly saying, "Please don't interrupt this conversation."It helps if your close friends know about this situation. That way, they can help you avoid him and start talking to you if he tries to approach you.

Forbid your friends to give him your personal info, including your telephone number, MSN address, email address, etc.
This way, he'll be unable to take any part in your social life outside of school, and you won't have to constantly ignore his calls or persistent messaging.  

One way guys try to get a girl's attention is to hover around her or try to have physical contact with her (ex:
brushing past). If he tries to stand next to you, keep moving away from him. However, if you want to be safer, go to the restroom, where he can't possibly follow you unless he is a stalker.  

Although this can be risky, this trick will put him down if you do this correctly. Pretend you're looking at him - this will rouse his interest and excitement. However, pretend to spot someone/something behind him. This will make him disappointed as he will think you don't even know he exists, which will mean that he will stop thinking that you like him. This is harsh; therefore, only do this if absolutely necessary.

Keep in mind that if this trick is performed incorrectly (ex: your pretending to spot someone/something behind him isn't strong enough for him to catch it), it could worsen your situation and make the guy think you do like him.

Stay away from him as much as possible. If you have a class with him, sit far away and make sure all seats near you are taken. If you are forced to be with him for a project or extracurricular activity with a lot of other people, pretend he doesn't exist. If you cannot possibly avoid him, tell him to leave you alone. You could also tell whoever is in charge about your "problem" and ask them to steer him away from you in partner projects. You could have them inform him that you aren't comfortable. This is embarrassing, but almost always works for most teachers are understanding.  

Whenever your friends talk about him, make fun of him a little bit, but be careful not to get carried away.
You could say something along the lines of: "Remember when John fell and couldn't get up? I think he needs life alert" or "Remember when Danny got the math question wrong? He started crying like a baby! Wimp!" If he overhears, he might back off a bit, for this may make him think you are joking with one of your friends who likes him. He'll think he had it all wrong. Unfortunately, he might fall for one of your friends.  

If he keeps on flirting with you like hitting you in the head or messing with your hair, simply turn around and firmly tell him to stop.
He needs to know when enough is enough, and he will back off if he respects you. He will also start to think that you are getting annoyed with him.  

Smile when he is upset about you not liking him. This has a powerful impact. However, as much as you want to get rid of him, don't be too mean or cruel. Otherwise, you might harm your reputation, and he might want to get back at you in some horrible way.  

Sometimes it can go too far; be sure to tell a parent or adult person if you think he is stalking you.One of the reasons he will think you like him is because you keep glancing at him; you're only peeking at him to make sure he's not staring at you! So you have two options; 1. Accept that he's into you and will probably be staring at you until his eyeballs burn through the back of his skull. 2. Just make sure that he doesn't catch you checking up on him. This can be embarrassing.If the boy tries to sit next to you, sit somewhere else. Maybe with your friends, or just sit somewhere else away from the boy.Never look like you are trying to talk to him. Let him always be the first to start a conversation and keep it short to make sure he doesn't think that you like him.It may help if you pretend to have a boyfriend already, but be careful. If you use a real person as the pretend boyfriend the 'fake' boyfriend may start to think that you actually like him.

If your friends know that he likes you and they think that you like him even if you say no, then they might set you up with him. Just say to your friends that you simply don't like the guy and for him to move on.

Be sure to tell an adult if it gets too serious. e.g if he's following you everywhere, then he could be a stalker

Doing step number four can backfire - you can end up having two guys hot on your tail. Or, you could flirt with 10 boys at the same time!

Don't ignore them completely because you don't want to go out with them. That's just plain mean.