How to Tell if a Guy Likes You As More Than a Friend

Lately you and your favorite guy friend have been spending more time together. All of a sudden, you're blushing every time he talks and realize that you're ready for more than just friendship. What does this mean? Or maybe you do like him more than as a friend and you want to say something, but are afraid to make a move because you don't know if he feels the same way. Does he have you firmly planted in the Friend Zone, or does he reciprocate your warm and fuzzy feelings? Keep on reading!  

Observe the way he talks to you. His body language can reveal how he feels about you. Here are some things to consider:

Listen to his tone. While it may not appear important, it can show how much effort he has put into his words. If he sounds careful in his speech and hesitant, he may have placed some thought into what he is saying. Also, pay attention if he laughs at your awful jokes.Take notice of his eye contact. Does he look you in the eye when he talks to you, or does he look around the room distractedly? If he maintains direct eye contact, it shows that you're his main focus and that he is interested in the conversation. However, keep in mind that he may avoid looking at you out of shyness.Note if he gets easily distracted. If someone else approaches him while you're talking to him, does he instantly abandon your conversation? If this does occur more than once, he may not consider your words as important.

Keep track of his topic choices.
The subject of your conversation may indicate how he views you. Several signs to watch out for are:

Teasing. Playful teasing may hint that he wishes for you to tease back. If you're brave enough, add subtle flirting to spice up the mood.Personal Information. Talking about his problems shows that he trusts you. Deeper subjects, such as his fears or family issues, may mean that he wants to take your relationship with him to a deeper level.Compliments. Comments on your intelligence, appearance, etc. may be a sign that he admires who you are. If he seems to be complimenting you more than often, he might be interested in you.His Manners. He may soften the edges of his rough personality when he is around you. For example, he might have vulgar behavior around his friends, but he makes an effort to be more refined with you. This is a sign that he is paying attention to you and what you say.Discussions About Past Relationships. Your conversations with him may take a dip into your past relationships. This indicates that he is making a subtle attempt to see if you're single or interested in other boys.If he makes constant attempts to set you up with another boy, he may be keeping you in the friend zone.

Listen to his comments concerning other girls.
It can tell you if he just wants your dating advice or if you're the girl he is after. Constant requests for advice indicate that he may be only interested in your opinion since you're a girl. However, he may also be asking for tips so that he can collect information on your dream guy.

Keep an eye on his past relationships. Short, frequent ones may indicate that he is either a true player or he is attempting to make you jealous.

Keep an eye on how he acts when you're apart.
Some shy boys make their feelings clearer online or over the phone. Identify the ways he communicates with you, using the following methods:

Phone Calls. His voice will reveal how he feels. A nervous tone, stuttering, and hesitancy may hint that he has feelings for you. Long conversations also push towards the possibility that you interest him. But if he doesn't return your calls or tries to cut you off as soon as possible, he may not want to pursue a serious relationship with you.Email. Witty emails with good grammar point towards attempts to show off his cleverness and intelligence. This means he spends some time crafting his messages for your benefit.Text Messaging. Maintaining contact outside of school or work means that he wants to include you in his life. Rather than reserving texting for formal means, he may use it to send you a joke or start conversations. If he puts extra effort into texting you, he may want to put extra effort into your relationship.Facebook. Does he "like" a lot of your photos and post on your wall often? This may be a sign that he is keeping tabs on you.Take all of this with a grain of salt. Some guys are not interested in phones, emails, or Facebook. He may prefer to see you in person, and there is nothing wrong with that!

Pay attention to his body language. Body language can go a long way in showing you if he'd rather be cuddling with you than just hanging out. Notice the following:

Accidental touches. Attempts to break the touch barrier show that he wants to touch you more. Subtle brushes and hand contact may increase as your friendship progresses.Staring. His admiration of you may come in the form of staring. If you catch his eye and he smiles before turning away, he knows that he has been caught looking at you.Body Angles. See if his body is engaged while you're talking to him. If his entire body is turned toward you, he is open to what you have to say. He might also lean closer to you. However, realize that this method does not apply to every boy. Some may have a habit of sitting a certain way.

Notice what he does for you.
Does he go out of his way to be a good friend? This may be an attempt to catch your attention and win your heart. Look out for these signs to know when his actions cross the friendship barrier:

He is always doing favors for you. These favors come in the form of free car rides, fixing you a meal, picking up your laundry, etc. He may be angling for the boyfriend role.He shows his thoughtfulness. If he brings back your favorite dessert from a bakery or buys you that book you've been meaning to read, he is paying attention to your needs.He offers you comfort. Not many boys want to comfort an upset girl. But if he cares for you, he will be there to listen to your problems and offer a shoulder for you to cry on.

Notice how he acts around other girls. Seeing how he treats them can tell you how he feels about you. Here are some ways to get a better sense of his true feelings:

He treats you differently than other girls. While he may be kind to others, you may be the only one he wants to be around in big groups. You also could be the only girl he teases or hugs. If you stick out differently from the other girls, this is a sign that he has his eyes set on you.However, if you notice him teasing and touching every girl in a five-mile radius, he may just be a flirt.He flaunts his relationships in front of you. If he is open to letting you hang out with him and his new date, he may see you as a friend.However, if he has you there to see what you really think, this may be a sign that he knows you're the one for him. If he is hesitant about hanging with other girls, he might already see you as his girlfriend and feels like he is being disloyal.

See if he goes out of his way to be with you. This is a sure-fire sign that he wants to take things to the next level. Here are some ways to know how he really feels:

He constantly asks you to hang out. This is an obvious indicator that he wants you to be with him more often. It also gives him the chance to ask you out or get closer with you.He tries to sidle up to you while you're in groups. If he wants to be your partner during class or in a game, chances are, he can't get enough of you.He constantly claims that he is "in your area" and asks if he can stop by. If he's making excuses for why he wants to hang out, he might be embarrassed about how much he wants to be with you.