A Ventriloquist's Struggle... ~Part 2~ (Ben Azuki x Ken Midori)

Ken stirred, whimpering from the nightmare that crossed his unconscious mind once again. He shot up in bed, sweat and tears dripping down his face and onto his shirt.

Green eyes studied the room, blinking in confusion when he realized he wasn't in his room. He felt oddly warm too, with something draped around his waist.

The young ventriloquist looked down, his breath hitching into his throat when he seen Ben sleeping next to him.

A magenta eye opened slightly, looking at the distressed male next to him. Ben tiredly picked his head up some, a yawn escaping his lips.
        "Hey... What's wrong...?" Ben asked softly, sitting up better and rubbing his eyes. Ken hastily rubbed away the tears, irritating a few bruises that made him hiss softly.
        "I-I... I-I'm fine..." He mumbled quietly, cringing at the hoarseness of his voice. Ben faced him better and crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow to say he didn't believe him.
       "Come on... Do you really think I would fall for that? Now tell me what's wrong."
       "I-it was nothing... Really... I just had a bad dream..."
       "About the attacks?" Ken cringed at the mention, but nodded slightly.
       "Yeah... I just... Did I do something wrong to deserve that...?"

Ben was silent at first, slightly angry that the raven-haired male thinks it was his fault. He grabbed the other's wrist suddenly, pulling him forward and into his arms.
         "B-Ben-" Ken started in surprise, only to be cut off.
         "It's not your fault ok...?" The pink-haired male growled softly, his hands gripping his shirt tightly.

         "Don't ever think these attacks were your fault... Alex and his crew always pick on those who he deems weak. I know I haven't known you for that long, but I can tell you aren't weak..." Ken was at a loss of words. He blinked, fresh tears falling down his cheeks and onto Ben's bare shoulder.

The arms around his waist tightened, his hands gripping bare skin tightly as well. The Betromoth owner pulled back some, magenta meeting green again before he suddenly pressed his lips to the ventriloquist's.

The action caught Ken off guard, but reacted the only way he could think: He kissed him back, his hand getting lost in the other male's messy pink hair. Ben pushed him back softly, pressing his back into the bed as their lips still moved in sync.

Their lungs burned for oxygen after a while and they pulled away with a gasp, green and magenta meeting once again. The two stayed silent for a moment, Ben reaching a hand up to softly rub the slightly taller male's cheeks.

Ken smiled weakly at him, his eyes feeling heavy once again. He gently brushed stray hairs from Ben's face and pulled him down to lay next to him. He cuddled up into his arms, breathing deeply before his eyes closed.

Ben ran his fingers gently through raven hair, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to his forehead.
        "Love you Ken... Sleep well..." He whispered, his own eyes closing after.

~~~

       "Yes mom... I'm fine." Ken said softly into the phone. It was morning and it was the weekend, meaning no school and no bullies. All was quiet except for the conversation Ken was having with his mom on the phone. "Yeah, I'll be home later... I love you too... Bye..."
         "Everything alright?" Ben asked, walking out of the kitchen.

Ken looked up at the pink-haired male, sliding his phone into his pocket.
         "Yeah, everything's fine... Mom just being mom, you know?" He laughed softly. Ben chuckled with him, smiling at him.
         "Yeah I know... But hey, are you hungry? I'm about to make breakfast."

Ken shrugged, ruffling his hair before sitting on the couch.
         "I guess I could eat..." He said quietly, looking at his hands. Ben gave him a soft smile, walking over and pressing a kiss to his cheek, running his fingers through his raven hair.