Accusations... (Ghasam Madal x Arthur Lawrence)

“O-ow!” A voice whimpered as a flying broken board struck him straight in the face. His partner, a heavyweight kickboxer, swung around the moment he heard the yelp, rushing over to him.
    “Arthur, are you okay?” the taller of the two asked in worry, trying to get a good look at where he was hit. “Honey, how many times have I told you to not stand so close while I’m training?”
    “I-I know, but I needed to talk to you about the next match…” Arthur sighed, ignoring the tears filling his eyes and the blood dripping down his cheek.
    “Alright, let me see.” Ghasam told him, carefully pulling his beloved hands from his face. He hissed softly when he looked at the damage, a black eye already forming as a cut dangerously close to his eye bled. “Oh Arthur…”

The taller blonde held his hand and led him towards the bathroom, flicking on the light and sitting him on the sink.
    “You’re very lucky the board didn’t take your eye out…” He told him, taking a cloth and cleaning off the cut with warm water.
    “O-ow, that hurts…” Arthur mumbled, a lone tear trailing down his cheek.
    “Well, it’s going to hurt, you were just hit in the face.” Ghasam frowned, kissing his forehead. “Unfortunately, you’re going to have a black eye for a few weeks.”
    “Great, and we have a match tomorrow…” The dapper male was upset, mostly with himself for not heeding Ghasam’s warnings.
    “Everything is going to be fine, babe. Don’t worry so much.” Ghasam said, pecking his lips gently.
    “I’m worried about the people we’re going to be around, Ghasam. I don’t need others questioning me about this.”
    “If people start bothering you, stay by me. I’ll make them leave you alone.”

Arthur smiled and laughed softly, pushing his partner’s shoulder slightly.
    “Don’t scare others if they do ask, okay?” The smaller blonde asked, fixing his tophat for a moment.
    “No promises, my love.” Ghasam chuckled, finishing up with cleaning the cut and helping him off of the sink. “Now, I’m going back to training so try not to be in the way this time.”
    “Yeah yeah, sure dear…” The well-dressed blader rolled his eyes and shared a quick kiss with him, walking from the bathroom. “There will be a meeting in twenty minutes, try not to be late this time please.”
    “That was one time!” Ghasam defended, offense in his voice as he followed Arthur out. 
    “Try five.” Arthur laughed, letting out a squeak as he was suddenly lifted off the floor by strong arms. “H-hey!”
    “Nope, you’re mine now, no meeting.” Ghasam said, the heavyweight smiling as he threw him over his shoulder. The purple-eyed blonde sighed softly, holding onto his hat so it didn’t fall.
    “Honestly, what am I going to do with you?” He asked, shaking his head slightly.
    “Nothing because you love me so much.” The taller blonde answered, a chuckle in his voice.
    “And you’re lucky about that.”
    “I know I am.”

~~~

The next day was the Royals team match and the bladers of the team were finishing crunching in some last minute training before the official start of their match. Through the night though, Arthur’s eye had darkened significantly, the bruising all around it looking terribly painful.

Now, one thing you should know is that Ghasam and Arthur were open with their relationship, the two always holding hands as they were walking, on the bench during matches, basically whenever they could.

And since everyone knew of their relationship, angry glares and sad looks followed the couple wherever they went inside of the arena. Arthur, the sweet dapper male, didn't seem to notice, but Ghasam sure did, getting every single death glare from anyone they passed on their way to their bench. The kickboxer could still feel glares even while sitting on the bench, shifting uncomfortably where he sat as he attempted to ignore them. Sensing his distress, however, Arthur looked up at him, placing a gloved hand on his arm gently.
    “Ghasam dear, are you alright? You look upset…” His lover asked him, worry in his voice and concern in his purple eyes. Ghasam blinked and looked down at him, giving him a small, forced smile of reassurance.
    “I’m fine, my love, don’t worry. I’m just thinking.” He told him, taking his hand and squeezing it gently.
    “Alright… Well, you’re up first if you’d like. If not, I can go up first.” The captain told him, smiling at him.
    “I’ll, uh, I’ll let you go this time… I always go up first in a match.” Ghasam told him, still holding his fake smile.

Arthur blinked in slight confusion but chose not to press for details, kissing his cheek and registering in as the first blader for the match. He made his way up the stairs to the stadium, smiling as the crowd cheered for him and his opponent, a redheaded female from SB Rios. Upon laying her deep teal eyes on her opponent, and seeing the dark bruising around the poor blader’s eye, she frowned and directed a glare over to Ghasam. Said male shrank in his seat slightly, already wildly uncomfortable in his situation. The match went by normally and unfortunately the Royals lost, considering they were up against two members of the Big Five. Ghasam wandered the hall to get to the rest of his team, stopping in his tracks when the girl from before stood in his way, glaring up at him due to the height difference.
    “What do you want?” The champion asked, trying to keep his voice level despite the unease.
    “Did you do that to him?” Ana asked angrily, causing the male to blink.
    “I-I beg your pardon?” Was all he could think of to ask.
    “Don’t play stupid with me Madal! Did you do that to his eye?!” Her eyes narrowed angrily at him, digging further unease into Ghasam’s chest.
    “No! It was an accident with a board-”
    “So you hit him with a board? Honestly, you shouldn’t be considered a martial artist. How dare you use the art of protection for abuse.” She sent him another glare before turning and walking away. “You’re not worthy of your title…”

Ghasam stood there in shock as the female blader walked off, bringing a hand to his face when it felt wet all of a sudden.
    “Ghasam? Dear, are you alright?” That beautiful voice he could so easily fall in love with all over again called out to him, bringing his watery blue eyes to look at him. “What happened? Why do you look so-” Arthur didn’t get to finish his questions as Ghasam fell to his knees in front of him, level with the love of his life as he pulled him into a tight hug.
    “I love you… I’m so sorry…” His voice was rough with tears, his face buried into the dark suit coat to hide his shame.
    “Why are you sorry? What happened?”
    “I’ve been getting nasty looks the whole day… People think I'm abusing you…” Ghasam’s grip tightened on the coat, the new information making Arthur frown.
    “My love, they don’t know the whole story like you and I do. I know you didn’t hurt me on purpose and that’s all that matters.” The shorter male knelt down in front of him and forced emotional blue eyes to look into his concerned purple ones. “I love you Ghasam… Nothing is going to change that…”

The two shared a quick kiss before Arthur stood, carefully pulling Ghasam up as well as he squeezed his hand.
    “I love you too…” The Garuda blader said softly, sharing another kiss with him before the two continued down the hall.

Hand in hand like any other day~

~~ Hmm, this one was interesting to write... >;) ~~

NightBear15 signing off...