A Strange Sick... (Yugo Nansui x Ukyo Ibuki)

The contents of his stomach emptied to the ground in the wood, his gloved hand holding his blue bangs back as he retched. Ukyo coughed and attempted to catch his breath before another wave hit him, more of the vile fluids emptying to the ground. When he finally managed to catch a breath, he spit to the ground and held his throat.
    “G-God… T-that was weird…” He mumbled softly, wiping his mouth on the sleeve of his indigo coat. The young ninja sighed and climbed his way up a tree, sitting on a branch and holding his head in his hand.

The poor blue-haired blader hadn’t been really feeling well the last few days, and the nausea was completely new to him.
   “Oi, Ukyo!” Blue eyes looked down on the forest floor, noticing the brown eyes staring up at him curiously. “Didn’t you get my text? Xander wants everyone at the dojo for training.”
   “Sorry Yugo.” He told the samurai softly, hopping down to the ground and landing gracefully.
    “Are you okay? You don’t look very good.” Yugo asked him, his hand reaching out and holding his partner’s cheek gently after noticing how paler he looked.
    “I’m fine, just a little under the weather.”

Yugo gave him a concerned look, rubbing his thumb along the skin of his cheek.
    “Baby, you look awful. Maybe I should call Xander and tell him you’re sick-”
    “No!” The sudden exclamation made the older male draw his hand back in surprise, his eyebrows furrowed. “I mean, no. I’m fine Yugo, please…”
    “... Alright…” Something about agreeing didn’t sit right with him, but Ukyo is his little ninja. He doesn’t want him to be upset. The two held hands as they made their way to the dojo, a certain redheaded giant greeting them both with a grin.

~~~

… Maybe he should’ve listened.

Ukyo doubled over after bringing himself outside as vomit poured from his mouth, burning his already irritated throat even more. Since he had already thrown up earlier, his stomach had no more food to retch up, settling for a burning liquid that was currently leaving his body. Yugo had followed him out and held his hair back from his face, the other hand rubbing soft circles into his shaking shoulders.
    “You’re okay, I’m here…” The samurai said softly, concern laced into his voice. Never in the two years they have been dating has Yugo seen him so sick. At most, he’s seen him with a cold, but that was about it.
    “F-fuck-”  Ukyo muttered, the second wave rearing around before he could finish talking.
    “Is he okay?” Xander asked when he stepped outside, his normal bright smile replaced with a concerned frown.
    “I’m not sure, I think he’s getting sick.” Yugo told him, his hand still rubbing circles in the ninja’s back. “Xander, I don’t think he can blade in the match.”
    “L-like hell.” Ukyo grumbled, finally finished emptying the contents of his stomach and staring at the two with watery eyes. “I-I’m staying on the roster.”

The Sword Flames captain furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms, staring at his teammate.
    “Ukyo, it’s not a good idea to blade while you’re sick. It could seriously mess with your health.”
    “I have to agree with Xander on this one, babe. We don’t want you to get worse if we allow you to compete.”
    “I’m fine, okay?! Just let me compete, please!” Ukyo was angry but desperate, his hands curled into fists as the other two stared at him. The ninja was never one to get really upset about something, so to have him yell not only at Yugo but Xander too, it was a bit shocking.

Red and brown eyes looked at each other before casting back to Ukyo, the captain sighing softly.
    “Fine, but the moment I feel you can’t continue in your match, I’m pulling you out. You can’t fight about it.”
    “Xander!” Yugo exclaimed, staring at his friend in surprise. He was shocked at how Xander was giving in, the samurai obviously still worried about his lover’s health. "Ukyo, I swear to god, don't you fucking agree."
    "I'll be fine, Yugo, have faith in me." The blue-haired blader said, brushing past them and walking back inside.

Yugo grit his teeth together, his arms crossed.
    "He's going to hurt himself…" He mumbled, huffing softly.
    "He knows his body better than us, Yugo. Maybe it is just a stomach bug." Xander told him, patting his shoulder before walking back inside. The blonde samurai shook his, following behind reluctantly.

~~~

"Time out!"

The ref blew his whistle as Yugo ran up the stairs, reaching his partner and leading him back to the team. A few days later was their match and Ukyo went in for a battle despite being advised not to, and look where that had him. The ninja threw up his lunch in a provided trash can, clinging desperately to Yugo's hand as he did.
    "I told you not to put him in Xander." The samurai was beyond upset at the situation, an annoyed glint in his eyes. "You should've trusted your gut and took him out."
    "I trusted his opinion on how he was feeling, Yugo. Like I said, he knows his own body better than us." Xander defended with a frown, his arms crossed over his chest.
    "Quon, go in for him. Ukyo is done and off the roster for the rest of the match." Yugo snapped, his free hand rubbing circles into the distressed ninja's back gently.

Quon nodded and wandered up the steps, pulling out his launcher and bey to continue for Ukyo. Said male shuddered and let out a soft sob, leaning into his beloved and hiding his face.
    "I-I'm sorry…" He whimpered softly, his voice hoarse from the abuse that was just put on it.
    "It's okay, honey… We'll get you checked out and everything will be fine."
    "T-this has never happened…"
    "I know, my love…"

By the end of the match, Sword Flames had won and moved on to the next round. And after they had won, Yugo and Ukyo left the WBBA in the direction of a walk-in clinic.
    "Do I have to…?" The blue-haired male asked softly, holding tightly to his partner's larger hand.
    "Yes, because I care about you and want you to get better." Yugo retaliated, lifting their honed hands up to kiss the paler one.
    "But I don't like doctors…"
    "I know, honey… But you've been feeling awful for the last week, I don't want you to get worse."

The shadow-walker sighed softly and nodded as the two walked into the building, being greeted by the receptionist. After filling out paperwork and waiting for another ten minutes, a nurse took Ukyo back as Yugo stayed behind.
    "You'll be fine, love, don't worry…" the blonde mohawked samurai told him, sparing him a kiss and a smile.
    "I just hope it won't be long…" Ukyo said back, waving as his disappeared in the back with the nurse.

~~~

How was this even possible?

The question kept repeating itself in his head for the last thirty minute after finding out. After finally getting a diagnosis from a doctor, Ukyo did everything he could not to cry. When Yugo asked him what the doctor had told him, he panicked and said a 'stomach bug' because he wasn't sure how he'd react.

Upon collapsing against his bed back home, the ninja burst into tears almost immediately.
    "F-Fuck!" He cried, pressing the pillow harder against his face. No wonder why he was so moody, so sickly…

He was pregnant.

And now he needs to find a way to break the news to Yugo...

NightBear15 signing off...