LXVII. No Blood Related

~~~~~~//The following morning//[Royal's Pov]

~~~~~~
//The following morning//
[Royal's Pov]

"Hello. Is this Royal Johnson?" a woman asked me over the phone.

"Correct..."

"Hi mister Johnson, you took a DNA test a few months ago at our facility in Miami?"

"Yeah, I did.."

"I'm sorry to say but we made a mistake on your results tested with Jamal Allen. Dr Goodwin, who tested you has been released due to this and 58 other miscalculations. We apologize for this and will offer a refund for the test and provide you with another one on us...."

"So wait. Miscalculations? I'm not really the son of Jamal Allen?"

"I'm afraid not, mister Johnson. Dr Goodwin was said to be drinking on the job and mixed up multiple results with other clients. We retested all of them over and you sadly are not the son of Mister Jamal Allen. I am so sorry"

"Wow--um. *clears throat* This is a surprise nonetheless but thank you for informing me about this. You can send the refund to my bank account, miss. Have a great day"

"Sure thing mister Johnson and you have a fantasic rest of your day. Bye bye now"

I hung up the phone seconds later and stuffed the device into my pocket. Now returning back inside on this sunny morning from just stepping out to listen to that important call. I just can't believe I'm not really that man's son.

Shit..., this changes everything. I'm not actually Brandi's brother from another mother and Ivyene is somewhat on the market *chuckles*. Nah, I'm just fooling around. Ivy and Jamal seem happy but if he ever....fuck up, my hotline will always be in service😋. I could even go back to Candi if I really wanted to....

But even with these new opportunities revealed to me, just the sight of my baby mama changed that. As I walked into the nice modern style kitchen, I got a view of my baby girl at the table eating and her mother in a nice light pink robe with her hair down.

"Who were you on the phone with?" she asked, pouring some coffee into mug on the counter.

"None of your business, baby girl" I told her and moved in to approach her near the counters.

She rolled her eyes and lifted up her mug to take a small sip, turning away blushing as I came up close and personal to her. "You ain't gon' give me none?" I bent down, referring to her cup of joe.

"No. Its NOne OF yOUr BuSiness"

"It is my business if it's about you and my baby girl over there. You stay frontin' on a nigga, knowin' I had you in ya little feelings last night"

"Yeah you did" She laughed it off. "I meant what I said Royal but...I don't know if we're ready to be in a relationship again..."

"Why because you don't trust me?"