LXIV. Love don't change...

~~~~~~//Minutes later//[Brandi's Pov]

~~~~~~
//Minutes later//
[Brandi's Pov]

"Mhm. I'll be in the house ok, talk to you later Brandi" Ivyene said before leaving me and my dad alone outside to talk.

"Hey you" he said, coming up to me.

"Hey" I replied, standing up.

"I'm sorry about....yelling at you like that babe"

"I am too. But why did you just come at me like that? Like it was my fault and that I did it on purpose"

"Well it's because I wanted to blame someone else but.... all I can do is blame myself. You were right, if I would've stopped sleeping around, maybe we wouldn't be in this position. But hey, I'm human and I don't always make the smartest decisions" he shrugged.

"Yeah nobody's perfect, remember?" I smiled.

"That's right. I'm sorry again baby girl" he apologized and reach out his arms to offer a hug.

I gave in and walked over to go give my father a hug. "It's alright. I forgive you"

"So back to you and Royal. Where did you guys meet?"

"In Oakland and...we um-- we didn't meet like how you think though..." I blushed and pulled away from his embrace.

"Tell me how..."

"He kidnapped me and took me from Atlanta all the way to Oakland"

His eyes widen. "Is this the one that burned your house down too?"

I nodded my head slowly, watching his dramatic reaction. "Yep and I shot him twice...but he looks fine now" I shrugged my shoulders.

"How did all that even take place?"

"Because daddy, he cheated on me. So I broke up with him, then he got mad and burned my house down. And that very night, I busted into his house and shot him"

"That's crazy. Y'all crazy. But we can't have none of that now. So I'm a need you to treat and look at him as a brother from now okay. We're all family now"

"Look, as long as that nigga don't start his shit, we good"

//1 hour later//

It was late now and time to go home. Brianna and Riley had already left, now just leaving me, Roy and Ray to say our goodbyes next to our parents. And I was about to leave, putting on my coat to be exact when Roy himself came up to me.

"We need to talk Candi" ....I forgot all about that nickname😔😪

"Not tonight. I'm tired of talking, I just need some sleep to cope with my pre-mental breakdown"