XLII. Frisco? Check

~~~~~//1 hours later//[Roy's Pov]

~~~~~
//1 hours later//
[Roy's Pov]

"Dad, when is Rowan coming back?" He asked, eating his chicken nuggets as we sat down in Wendy's.

"Uh, I don't know. Why? You miss her already?"

He nodded his head "yes" and looked at me. "She is cool"

"Yeah I know. Hurry up and eat though, I gotta drop you back off with grandma"

"But I like staying with you" he pouted.

"I know you do, but I'm not going anywhere. Daddy has to deal with some bad guys first..."

"Are you a super hero daddy? You say you always fight bad guys"

I bent down to whisper. "Yeah, daddy's a super hero. Don't tell anyone"

"I won't" he laughed, whispering back.

*

"You gonna call me right?" I asked him, fingering through his hair as he looked up at me.

"Yeah"

"Aight. I love you, be good or we gonna fight" I said, pushing him playfully.

"Ouch! That hurt dad" he complained, rubbing his arm.

"Oh toughen up. Let me talk to ya grandma..." I told him and watched him walk away from us to go inside the house.

I turned my attention to Lauren's mom, who was still helping me out with RJ after all these years. But now, I needed her help more than ever.

"I need a favor, Mrs Phillips..."

"What is it?" she asked, folding her arms.

"Things are getting pretty heated up in Oakland. I can't have him living with me right now until I get everything under control. Do you think he can...live with you instead?"

"I mean, he's not a problem. I love my grandson but how long will he be staying?"

"I don't know for certain. I just want the best for him, I don't want him to be around danger at this age. Maybe when he's older he can come back but...he's way too young right now. Even I don't want him to see a gun at this age...."

"I get it. You're scared you're tough guy world will ruin his innocence..."

I blushed because I knew she was spot on about that. I just felt as though he was too young to worry about the adult things going on right now, he at least deserves a better childhood than I had. "I just want his childhood to be better than my own. He doesn't need to see or worry about the stuff daddy's doing"

She nodded her head and rubbed my back. "We'll keep in touch. I'll go register him up for the preschool nearby"

//6:21 pm//