XIV. Living Situation

~~~~~I remember that day as it was one of my greatest memories

~~~~~
I remember that day as it was one of my greatest memories. Instead of fucking up someone myself, I helped undo the fucking up of someone's. I cleaned up all her wounds and covered them up with bandages. I took care of her black eye and stood by as she took a shower to clean herself. She really didn't want me to leave her alone and how could I, knowing what she's been through already.

So I stayed and gave her a shirt of mine, a pair of my boxers and some basketball shorts to match. I washed her clothes overnight and thus we went to bed. I watched over her until she fell asleep but once I started getting tired myself, I climbed on the bed and slept on the other side. Before I knew it, she was cuddling up to me in her sleep and didn't dare to let go.

I let it slide of course, it did feel kind of good to be...hugged in this kind of way. It made me feel like damn hero overall and I knew up there that my momma had to be proud of that.
~
//Hours later, late morning, Jan. 24th//

Opening my eyes, I woke up in the embrace of a girl I used to only see as a major pain in my ass. Her head was underneath mine, specifically in the corner of my neck while her arms wrapped around the other side of my neck and to the back of my hair. Basically she was hugging me around the neck and really making shit personal. I guess she was up before I was because she kind of surprised me when she said good morning with her eyes closed.

"Yeah good morning. I wonder how I ended up sleeping with your arms around my neck" I said in a snarky tone.

"Because you love being cuddled" she smiled, moving one of her hands to rub my cheek.

I turned around to the other side on that note, not be rude but that morning breath on her boy...

"You are so shady, actin' like you don't like affection. What are you unlovable?"

"Who knows, never loved a woman in my whole life but I turned around because A: you're Rowan and B: because ya stank-ass breath was all up in my face"

"Wow you piece of shit, do you have a extra tooth brush?"

"Nah, but there is some mouth wash in there. You better not put your lips on the cap either or sneak and use my tooth brush-- matter a fact, I'm a brush my teeth with you" I said, throwing off the covers.

//Few minutes later//
[Rowan's Pov]

"Why you not going to school today, lil boy?" I asked just to tease.

"Because I'm grown, little girl" he said, looking back at the tv.