V: First Punch, First Bruise

A few weeks had passed, and Alyssa(Rosemary) was only getting better at the bow and arrow. You would think that when it's time for training she would practice only that weapon when really that wasn't true. Every Saturday and Sunday would be hand to hand combat where every single person would be paired with someone, and start learning techniques of punching and kicking. Helena and Josh were the only ones that were doing it, Katelyn would mostly be off training the downworld children in a different part of the orphanage. Mrs.Pinewhisk had paired up everyone up to represent as an opponent, and Alyssa(Rosemary) was paired with a girl named Edith who was like the rest of the children, always calling Alyssa(Rosemary) strange. 

Helena: First rule of punching is to widen stance, second is to lean forward, and make sure that your thumbs are inside of your fists. 

Everyone had followed what Helena had said, but something about Edith made Alyssa(Rosemary) seem uncomfortable she tried to ignore it but couldn't. 

Helena: Third is to raise your elbows up, your elbows can be your greatest defense during a fist to fist fight with your enemy. 

Everyone had raised there elbows as instructional time went on Alyssa(Rosemary) was getting a bad feeling, and she could tell all from Edith's face. 

Helena: Last, but not least you punch- 

Edith had punched Alyssa(Rosemary) before Mrs.Pinewhisk could finish her sentence. Alyssa(Rosemary) had fell to the floor, and Edith got on her and kept beating her up. A bunch of kids were making a circle around the two girls and everyone was screaming loudly. Mrs.Pinewhisk and Josh got through the crowd, and Alyssa(Rosemary had punched Edith for self-defense. As soon Edith was off of Alyssa(Rosemary) she recieved another vision. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) didn't have enough time to analyze what her memory vision was for Edith had tried to punch her again, but Mrs

Alyssa(Rosemary) didn't have enough time to analyze what her memory vision was for Edith had tried to punch her again, but Mrs.Pinewhisk had stepped in and took Edith away. Josh went to Alyssa(Rosemary) to see if she was okay. 

Josh: Are you okay? 

Alyssa: Yeah. 

Josh: Come on, let's get you to Wendy for you to heal. 

Josh escorted Alyssa(Rosemary) to infirmary where the most highly trained Warlock, Wendy, could heal anyone no matter how severe their wounds would be.

Wendy: You only have a black eye, and a bruise on your fist. You'll be fine, close your eyes, and don't move. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) did what she was told, and with Wendy's healing magic her bruises that were on her fist and eye. 

Wendy: You can open them now. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) opened, and looked at herself in the mirror to see her healed areas. When she was done looking she looked back at Wendy, and smiled at her. 

Alyssa: Thank you, Wendy. 

Wendy: No problem. 

She didn't know what compelled her to do this, but Alyssa(Rosemary) had went up to Wendy and gave her a hug. Wendy was shocked, because she thought she would never get a hug from a kid. Wendy then had hugged Alyssa(Rosemary) back making this all the more adorable, and sadly they had to pull away because it was time for everyone to go to lunch. After getting punched by someone you don't even know yet the persondecided to punch you just becasue other kids think that you're weird was something that Alyssa(Rosemary) would have to face everyday. Before Alyssa(Rosemary) and Josh entered, Alyssa(Rosemary) had stopped in her tracks only looking at the double doors. 

Josh: What's wrong? 

Alyssa: Josh, can I sit with you? 

Josh: Why? 

Alyssa: I just...

Alyssa(Rosemary) had looked at the doors with so much worry, and she felt a sense of fear of going inside and getting punched by Edith again. Josh saw the expression on her face, and knew what she was feeling. 

Josh: Alyssa, you can't let everyone push you around like this you have to learn how to stick up for yourself. You cannot let them defy you, because you only defy yourself. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) looked up To Josh, her best friend, her brother figure, her hero, and gave him a small smile. 

Alyssa: Okay, I'll sit at my table. 

Josh: Now that's my brave Alyssum. 

Josh always called Alyssa that, because her name was named after the flower Alyssum. Alyssa(Rosemary) and Josh entered the lunch room, and the two friends went to there seperate tables. What made Alyssa's(Rosemary) day was that they were serving her favorite peanut butter and jelly sand which with applesauce. Alyssa(Rosemary) had picked up her plate, and was about to look for a place to sit until she looked up to find every single spot taken. Alyssa(Rosemary) had looked at the window, and saw an empty table she hoped that nobody would mind having her outside. After all she needed some fresh air from everything that had happened...