Chapter Eleven

* some people say the best day of your life is the day you were born, some say the day you get married, while others say its the day you bring a life into the world ,I guess you'll never know until you live them all *

A day to the nikkah ceremony, Muntaseer called me ,telling me that he will be coming that day and I wish with the whole of my heart that he won't come ,let him just wish me luck from wherever he is because honestly I don't want to see him but I couldn't,  a part of me wanted to see him for the last time as the man I love before it's finally over between us, who was I even kidding ? There was never us and there will never be us .

Ammy called me to her room after ishaa prayers ,I  knew what she's going to do ,the pep talk ,obey your husband be a good wife and don't let us down as your parents blah blah blah but I listened not because I don't have a choice but because I want to listen to her voice even if she's scolding me .

I sat on the floor carpet fidgeting with my fingers while Ammy sat at the edge of her bed with too many emotions in her eyes I can't decipher one from the other .Let's just say she looks happy - sad , Anxious - excited .

" Manal I can't believe this day have come, it's so soon my dear, I've imagined this day ,thought of the things I will tell you but I think I'm out of words here. You've been the Apple of our eyes from the day you were born till  date and I can't tell you how blessed we feel to have a daughter like you ,you're beautiful my dear ,I don't mean physical beauty but inner beauty ,you have a good heart and I am sure I've raised a good mother for my grandchildren, you are leaving home and going to build your real home .

A place where I urge you to build with love ,kindness and fear of Allah ,a place where you should be the queen and your husband the king . Obey your husband my dear ,treat him with kindness,be his best friend and someone he will be eager to come home to from work ,be his adviser and make him feel that he matters to you and he means a lot to you ,never make him angry but rather make him happy ,whenever you fight which I can assure you you will have a lot of ,never raise your voice above his ,and if you know you've wronged him apologize to him and take note of your fault so that you won't repeat the same mistake again.

Marriage life is not a bed of roses and it's not always summer,the winter will come but make sure you're well armed and ready for it ,never tell an outsider about any squabble you have with your husband except if it's beyond reconciliation between the two of you ,then you can bring it to us,the key to a successful marriage is always patience before love,because if the one you love hurts you ,you have to be patient to let them know you've been hurt . Create something special with your husband , a kind of bond that will last forever and never get tired of pampering him and he'd do so to you too.

Respect his parents and relatives if you expect him to respect yours , and always pray to Allah for a lasting peace in your home not when you're in trouble but even when everything is smooth and clear ,never let a friend guide you in your marital affairs be your best friend on that ,you can seek her counsel but you should know the limit to everything you do .

Guard his wealth and don't be extravagant with it no matter how  rich he is ,guard your chastity for it's only a cheap woman who doesn't know her worth that let the non mahrams see her beauty. Be the best of everything to him and in shaa Allah you will have a kind of relationship your kids will admire and be proud of .

You've seen how your father and I are ,I hope you've taken a lot of lessons from us .Go forth my dearest daughter and be a virtuous woman to your husband and in shaa Allah you will never regret saying yes to our choice " By the time Ammy finished her lectures, we both were in tears ,I  hugged her like something is going to take her away from me and sobbed my heart out